Gorshalach the Dark Render is the most powerful weapon in the universe. This massive greatsword was originally wielded by Sargeras while he was the Champion of the Titan Pantheon. When Sargeras fell to his madness, Gorshalach, being semi-sentient, sundered itself into two 'Shatterbound pieces' to prevent the fallen titan from wielding it. One fragment was claimed by Sargeras and reforged into Gorribal, while the other was claimed by Aggramar and reforged into Taeshalach. If both fragments are ever possessed by a non-evil being, they can be combined to reform Gorshalach.
- The titan Pantheon is depicted with their signature tools in the Warcraft Saga, where Sargeras is shown holding a greatsword that would be Gorshalach, but no name was given.
- Sargeras is also seen wielding what would be Gorshalach in Chronicle Volume 1, but it is not named there either.
- Chronicle Volume 1 established that, rather than the RPG's origins, Sargeras and Aggramar's weapons were always separate blades, that shattered in a duel against each other when Sargeras betrayed the Pantheon.
- A trinket called Gorshalach's Legacy was added in Patch 7.3.
- Since Aggramar's sword is still named "Taeshalach" in canon, the names Gorribal and Gorshalach may still be canon as well.