Gorshalach the Dark Render is the most powerful weapon in the universe. This massive greatsword was originally wielded by while he was the Champion of the Titan Pantheon. When Sargeras fell to his madness, Gorshalach, being semi-sentient, sundered itself into two 'Shatterbound pieces' to prevent the fallen titan from wielding it. One fragment was claimed by Sargeras and reforged into Gorribal, while the other was claimed by and reforged into Taeshalach. If both fragments are ever possessed by a non-evil being, they can be combined to reform Gorshalach.
- The titan Pantheon is depicted with their signature tools in the Warcraft Saga, where Sargeras is shown holding a greatsword that would be Gorshalach, but no name was given.
- Sargeras is also seen wielding what would be Gorshalach in Chronicle Volume 1, but it is not named there either.
- Chronicle Volume 1 established that, rather than the RPG's origins, Sargeras and Aggramar's weapons were always separate blades, that shattered in a duel against each other when Sargeras betrayed the Pantheon.
- A trinket called Gorshalach's Legacy was added in Patch 7.3.
- Sargeras's weapon described in The Sundering might have been Gorribal given the fact it was a broken blade upon which he impaled in the jagged tip.
- Since Aggramar's sword is still named Taeshalach in canon, the name Gorribal may still be canon or Gorshalach may never have changed names.
- ^ Shadows & Light, pg. 112, 170-173
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 50
- ^ The Sundering, pg. 323
- ^ The Sundering, pg. 307: "Then, the titan raised one arm and in it Brox beheld a long, wicked sword the upper half of whose blade had been broken off. What remained was jagged and still very capable of slaying"
- ^ Aggramar adventure guide