Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|This article's name is unofficial.|
|Other major settlements|
|Theater of operations|
Disbanded after the Battle of Mount Hyjal
Birth of the alliance
After being guided to Kalimdor by Medivh, the Orcish Horde led by Thrall and the Alliance forces led by Jaina Proudmoore had come into conflict with each other and with the night elves of Ashenvale, led by Malfurion Stormrage and Tyrande Whisperwind. Acting as a peace broker, Medivh was able to unite the warring factions to defend the World Tree, Nordrassil, from the Burning Legion's assault.
Modern Azeroth is what it is now because of this alliance. If not for its existence to stop the Burning Legion, the planet would've been dominated or destroyed by demons. Instead, the Burning Legion lost the Third War, suffered massive losses and most of its main command was slayed. The political scene inside the Alliance and the Horde suffered great influence of this alliance as well, such as the night elves becoming members of the Alliance after being exposed to the outside world once again, the Orcish Horde and the humans from Theramore forged a non-aggression pact, and so on.
In the RPG
- The Great Alliance of Lordaeron was another name for the Alliance of Lordaeron during the Second War.
- ^ If you open the map "Twilight of the Gods" in the Warcraft III World Editor you can see that the team of the Horde, Human Expedition and night elves is named Great Alliance.
- ^ "Eternity's End: The Last Guardian", Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos. Blizzard Entertainment.
- ^ Shadows & Light, pg. 52
- ^ Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness The Official Strategy Guide, pg 93.