- For other uses, see Great Gate (disambiguation).
The Great Gate (or the Mulgore Gates) is a tauren fortification constructed at the entrance to their homeland of Mulgore, separating it from the Southern Barrens in response to the Alliance's destruction of the nearby Camp Taurajo.
The Northwatch forces have setup several siege weapons near the gate in order to destroy it, but they were repelled by the tauren of Vendetta Point and Warlord Bloodhilt, an orcish general sent by Garrosh Hellscream.
After the death of Deathwing, Northwatch soldiers were still stationed at the other side of the gate. Tauren and Darkspear tribe trolls led by Baine Bloodhoof and Vol'jin attacked the humans and dwarves there. After this, the Horde army marched east, passing through the Ruins of Taurajo and the Fields of Blood to Northwatch Hold.
Notes and trivia
- On the Southern Barrens side a peon that lived in the small camp near the entrance was killed and his body lies within the burned down camp.
- The , once used by druids to learn , is still near here.
- There is a slight gap between the northern edge of the wall and the rocks through which players (hostile or otherwise) can pass.
- In Cataclysm, it was initially planned for Baine Bloodhoof to appear at the Great Gate to defend it and attack human invaders from the Southern Barrens.
- Ironically the later novel, Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War, had Baine expell the tauren of Vendetta Point from Thunder Bluff for fighting the Northwatch expedition.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.