|A in the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game.|
Small fey
The grell, also pluralized as grells, are forest spirits that resemble imps but are generally larger in size, lack the characteristic horns, and are not demonic. They are actually embodiments of the wild side of nature, and so tame ones are very rare. believes they may come from , though when he asked her she simply said, "maybe".
According to , even though grell resemble imps, he has found no demonic traces among the ones he has studied. They are, as far as he can tell, uncorrupted. The misty grell that dwell in the Misty Valley in the Swamp of Sorrows move as one with the wind and can summon gusts of breeze at their whim.
As a companion pet
- Main article: Grell Moss
- Grell, along with all creatures in World of Warcraft that use the same model, twitch their thumb on the hand holding their main hand weapon and continue to blink when dead.
- Grell faces resemble those of goblins.
- Elemental , the homunculi of Karazhan, and some imps such as use the same models as grell.
In the RPGThis section contains information from the Warcraft RPG which is considered non-canon.
This small, skipping creature looks a bit like a thin, gangly, orange goblin. Large ears spread from its bald head. Its pupil-less yellow eyes stare as it raises a clawed paw. Grell are small, playful creatures that can be encountered in wild areas. They are not particularly dangerous individually, but in gangs they can pose a threat to outlying night elf and furbolg communities; they may be small and unimpressive, but their claws are sharp. Scattered groups of them are actively malicious. Some grell wear earrings, which scholars believe may possess magical traits. Grell are fond of hyacinth mushrooms. Combat Grell are not particularly hostile; generally, they are content to leave potential dangers alone. If an opponent attacks, however, they defend themselves fiercely. Grell in a gang feel no particular connection to each other, it seems, and are as likely to assist their comrade as to watch the combat idly.
- If Aessina didn't create the grell, they might instead be descended from grell- or imp-like elemental creatures such as flamekin, and Flame Imps who were made flesh over time and became grell, similar to how elemental drakes became proto-dragons.
- The imp mentions that "There is a legend that some of our ancestors can be found on this world that are not part of the Legion. I bet they are boring." This may be referring to grell, possibly suggesting that imps were originally grell that were corrupted by the Burning Legion.