|Location||Edge of Madness; Zul'Gurub|
A bit of Gri'lek's story is told in Tale of Gri'lek the Wanderer, part 2 of Troll Legends. Also, a book about Gri'lek is the objective of . The tale about Gri'lek is sacred to the Darkspear trolls.
Among the hateful spirits in the Cache of Madness are Gri'lek, a Dire troll stripped of his regenerative abilities by the loa; Renataki, an infamous and sadistic warrior; Hazza'rah, a seer tormented by dire future visions; and Wushoolay, a mighty combatant bristling with the powers of the storms.
- Avatar — Gri'lek's size greatly increases, increasing his Physical damage dealt by 500%, but reducing his movement speed by 50% for 18 sec.
- Pursuit — Gri'lek fixates on a random player, becoming immune to Taunt effects and pursuing his target for 15 sec.
- Entangling Roots — Gri'lek roots the player he is chasing, immobilizing them and causing 2625 to 3375 (+ 10% of Spell power) Nature damage every second for 10 sec.
- Rupture Line — Gri'lek causes the earth to tremble in random locations. After 2 seconds spikes erupt from the rumbling earth, inflicting 25000 Physical damage and knocking up any players within 2 yards.
Half of the time, you can fight him as you would any other melee mob (although he is immune to taunt).
The other half of the time he uses his unique special ability: his size doubles, and his attacks increase dramatically in damage (5000+ on average). This also causes him to wipe all previously accumulated threat. However, while in this form his movement is dramatically slowed. He announces which player he has targeted, so everyone should be ready to run if they see their name spoken. He also has a tremor ability which causes stun effects in an area around him. At least one priest or paladin should be assigned to dispelling any root effects which strike Gri'lek's current target, to ensure that Gri'lek does not catch and one-shot him.
Each of the four bosses summoned drop two items: they drop one of their exclusive drops and one of their shared drops.
- You seek me? We fight now!
- I come for you, little mortal.
- I will catch you, small one.
- Entangling Roots
- Coward, you cannot run!
- No, you cannot escape the rage of the Gurubashi!
- Killing a Player
- You are weak!
- Gri'lek wanders...no more...
- Gri'lek is voiced by David Lodge.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Added.