|This article is a Battle for Azeroth stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
- Not to be confused with Drifta.
|Race||Jungle troll (Humanoid)|
|Affiliation(s)||Lower City, Uncrowned|
He persistently announces his silly wares, such as and other white neck slot items, all of which are quite useless, either granting abilities you already have (such as jumping, swimming, or returning to your body upon death) or effects you do not need (such as protection from critters or from "Tikbalangs", which aren't actually in the game).
- 1 Biography
- 2 Locations
- 3 Vendor information
- 4 Quests
- 5 Griftah's exile from Shattrath City
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Patch changes
- 9 External links
This section concerns content related to The Burning Crusade.
Early on he was standing next to Peacekeeper Jadaar who often contradicted and questioned Griftah's claims about his wares, leading to amusing conversations, but for a short time Griftah was exiled from the city due to the endless reports of his shady business practices. He continued to sell his questionable goods outside of Shattrath, at the city's south-western entrance from Terokkar Forest, asking players who pass by about the state of his stall. Peacekeeper Jadaar was standing guard outside Griftah's stall, while the troll's inventory was examined by Investigator Asric. However, when Zul'Aman was re-discovered, Griftah was let back into Shattrath selling his old goods, and sells a necessary in crafting the , the epic flying mount created by engineers.
This section concerns content related to Cataclysm.
This section concerns content related to Mists of Pandaria.
This section concerns content related to Warlords of Draenor.
This section concerns content related to Legion.
This section concerns content related to Battle for Azeroth.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Zuldazar||110 - 120||25,756|
His standard inventory:
- Summoning him with the gives rogues access to his rogue-exclusive inventory. Able to purchase items with .
- In the Hall of Shadows, he sells items from his standard inventory as well as items from his rogue-exclusive inventory that can be purchased with .
- On the Broken Shore, he only sells items from his standard inventory.
- During his exile, Griftah was apparently desperate for inventory and sold sticks that he found on the ground and .
This section concerns content related to Legion.
The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
Griftah's exile from Shattrath City
In Patch 2.2, Griftah was exiled from Shattrath City as a result of fraudulent activities.
The reactions of the players were varied, with some happy with the change while others were disgusted of what they think was Blizzard taking this action due the complaints by players who had got "grifted" (and perhaps because they would lose the opportunity of visiting his stall to hear his funny conversations with Peacekeeper Jadaar).
I can say with the utmost confidence that you are incorrect. There is no ret-con occurring here, and the changes to Griftah were not done as a result of player or GM complaints. I assure you, had that been the case, his amulets would likely have been removed entirely rather than merely relocating the NPC.
They were done in the interest of making the world a bit more interesting, and from the vast majority of responses, it appears that motivation is a success.
Wait and see. :)
Kisirani later explained: 
It's a shame you're unwilling to believe what is, in essence, the truth—that Griftah has been a small foray in progressive content as we gauge certain things.
I'm the person behind making the content. I've no reason to deceive you.
It's one of the goals of my job, at the heart of it, to make the world feel more alive. The larger parts of it primarily contain holiday content and world flavor; this was a small bit of the latter.
Griftah was seen in Shattrath City again in Patch 2.3.0.
Old location (Shattrath)
- Dangerous over there, innit? Know what ya need? Protection. I can help ya defy death itself! Just wear this madstone 'round your neck, see, and then ya be able to come back if ya find yerself in the spirit world! Just a quick jaunt to your corpse and up ya come, fresh and new!
- Look over here, <class>! I got something for ya. Just what ya need! It's soap, right.. and it's on a rope! No offense, man, but yer a little ripe, know what I'm sayin'?
- Ya look lovesick. Special Someone be gettin' ya down, eh? No worries, no worries. Ya get this medallion from me, ya wear it when ya see 'em, and they be all over ya, man/sweetheart!
- Hey! Hey, <race>! I be havin' just the thing for ya. Ya ever see a tikbalang? Frightenin' creatures. Prone to stealin' ya away. What ya need is one of my tikbalang wards. Guaranteed to ward all tikbalangs!
- Amazing amulets! Incredible curios! The newfangled jewelcrafters be havin' nothin' on the tried and true mystical methods of ol' Griftah! Improve yerself through these magical talismans for a bargain price!
- C'mere, <race>. Ya don't want to be riskin' yerself in a dungeon, do ya? Filthy work, and for what? Some worthless trinket? Nah, what ya need be one of my amulets. Guaranteed to work!
Check Peacekeeper Jadaar for some of his conversations with him.
During his exile from Shattrath
Now, I know what ya be thinkin'. Ol' Griftah's in a spot of trouble. This be nothin'. I still got a lotta my stock on me, so c'mere and check out what I got.
- I can't believe they be chasin' me outta the city. Innit supposed to be a refuge? Ol' Griftah be a refugee! Not my fault I be an ENTERPRISIN' refugee...
- Hey, wait, <class>! Ya been by the market lately? My stall's okay, yeah? Still there?
- Check this out, <race>! Ya know what ya be needin'? One of these flowers. Lilacs, right outta the mystical forest of Terokkar! Rare! So rare! Ya don't see any of 'em around me, do ya? A pretty flower for a pretty lady, right? Right?
- Heh... heh... hey! You! I may be down, but I be gettin' back on my feet! Come over here and look at what I got. The rarest and most marvelous amulets, right here! I even picked up some extra bits! Come on, come on, ya know ya wanna look.
- Okay, okay, I know what ya be thinkin'. This be a stick. But it be no ORDINARY stick, no! What ya be seein' here, <class>, be a stick of incredible rarity and extraordinary value, shaped by the very powers that wrought the world! Ya wanna own this fantastic piece of Draenor, touched by magnificent power, I know ya do. I be practically givin' em away!
- Amazing amulets! Incredible curios! The newfangled jewelcrafters be havin' nothin' on the tried and true mystical methods of... the... uh... the newly relocated Griftah! Improve yerself through these magical talismans for a bargain price!
Return to Shattrath
Ahaha, ya see this? Griftah's BACK! Back in my stall, back with my old wares, and ready to pass on the deals to ya!
Want to be better, stronger, faster? Each one of these amulets be guaranteed to do just what I say they be doin'. Step up and buy one of these miraculous baubles! Cheap at twice the price!
Player asking to see inventory
I'll... take a look.
Da faire be easy times for ol' Griftah...
- Ahaha, get a load 'a me, mon!
- Griftah be back again! New stall, and brand new wares, and ready to pass on the deals to ya!
- Want more luck for deh mountains? Want tah buy the best "luckydo" ya ever smelled? Well step right up and don' be talkin' to grummles. Just let your good ol' friend Griftah lead ya right.
- These miraculous baubles be cheap at tripple the price!
Hall of Shadows
I be branchin' out, mon. All sorts of things available in. So much opportunity.
- <Fence your loot>
- are named after Griftah, but not sold by him.
- Griftah appears as a legendary card in the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion for Hearthstone. His flavor text reads: "With Griftah in your deck, sometimes you start the game with The Coin!"
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13):
- Griftah in the Hall of Shadows has found a lamp, which may lead the sticky-fingered among you to interesting challenges and great profit.
- Griftah in the Hall of Shadows now sells a selection of items for Coins of Air to his distinguished clientele.
- Items purchasable with are now also purchasable with .
- Patch 7.2.0 (2017-03-28): Broken Shore appearance added.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): The Hall of Shadows appearance added.
- Patch 6.1.0 (2015-02-24): Griftah now sells a variety of transmogrification items for . In addition, he now sells a Rogue-specific toy, . Barrel of Bandanas spawns a barrel that gives players that use it a random visual bandana buff for 30 minutes.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): WoD appearance added.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Makes his appearance in Kun-Lai Summit.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Now sometimes appears at the Darkmoon Boardwalk.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Moved back into Shattrath. Now sells , and starts .
- Patch 2.2.0 (2007-09-25): Moved outside of Shattrath.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.