Grommash Holdfortress located in the Valley of Strength in the orc capital of Orgrimmar. It is named after the orcish hero Grommash Hellscream, it is the seat of the Warchief of the Horde, currently Lady Sylvanas Windrunner, and the leader of Orgrimmar and Horde orcs, Varok Saurfang. Delegations from Silvermoon and the Undercity reside within, including paladin and priest trainers, as well as the trainer for archaeology.is an enormous
World of Warcraft
This section concerns content related to the original World of Warcraft.
The first Grommash Hold was located in the Valley of Wisdom, and was referred to as "Thrall's Fortress" by the guards. It seems to be designed as a direct upgrade of the stronghold model, being larger, built into the cliff-side, and with a distinct interior.
Thrall held court inside the hold, while outside a traveler would find a monument to the orcs' triumph over demonic influence. Mannoroth, the demon lord who cursed the bloodline of the orcs, fell in battle to Thrall and Grom Hellscream. Mannoroth's skull and armor were displayed on the trunk of an ancient tree, bearing a plaque that told of the orcs' victorious transformation and reminded readers of the mistakes of the past.
Wrath of the Lich King
This section concerns content related to Wrath of the Lich King.
During the war against the Lich King, and after the Wrathgate incident, many civilians gathered in front of the building while Thrall, Sylvanas Windrunner and Jaina Proudmoore discussed the events.
This section concerns content related to Cataclysm.
- Main article: Elemental Unrest meetings#At Grommash Hold
During the Elemental Unrest, meetings of the Horde leaders gathered in the hold, once during the celebrations in honor of the Northrend campaign and later, Thrall met with Garrosh Hellscream, Eitrigg, and Vol'jin where he named Garrosh the Warchief.
Following an ambush on the Sentinels in Ashenvale, Cairne Bloodhoof arrived here, accused the new Warchief and challenged him to a mak'gora. The troll chieftain later left the Hold after years of residing here.
This Grommash Hold was destroyed in the Cataclysm, and was replaced by the current Hold, located in the Valley of Strength. The Mannoroth bones were moved inside of the new Hold and hung above Garrosh's throne. At the center of the hold is a massive hide rug depicting a map of Azeroth. The Horde leadership used this rug to plan their war strategies.
Mists of Pandaria
This section concerns content related to Mists of Pandaria.
Garrosh Hellscream left Grommash Hold and now sits upon his new throne within the Underhold, leaving the Kor'kron Dark Shaman, to guard it in his absence while the Horde rebellion and Alliance lay siege to the city.
After dethroning Garrosh, Vol'jin became the new Warchief and took the place on the throne.
This section concerns content related to Legion.
After the Battle for the Broken Shore, Vol'jin was brought hurt and poisoned. The building became closed to visitors, excepted for adventurers which High Overlord Saurfang let pass. While sitting on the throne, Vol'jin declared Sylvanas Windrunner Warchief and died right after. Following his funeral ceremony, the building was closed but opened later with Saurfang residing within as leader of the orcs.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner <Warchief>
- High Overlord Varok Saurfang
- Ambassador Dawnsinger
- Belloc Brightblade <Archaeology Trainer>
- Master Pyreanor <Paladin Trainer>
- Tyelis <Priest Trainer>
- Dark Cleric Cecille <Priest Trainer>
- Sauranok the Mystic
- Gotura Fourwinds <The Earthen Ring>
- Zor Lonetree <Elder Far Seer>
- Shok Narnes
- Thrall <Warchief>
- Garrosh Hellscream <Warchief>
- Vol'jin <Warchief>
- Nazgrel <Advisor to Thrall>
- Searn Firewarder
- Kardris Dreamseeker <Shaman Trainer>
- Sagorne Creststrider <Shaman Trainer>
- Sian'tsu <Shaman Trainer>
- Kor'kron Elite
- Blood Knight Honor Guard
- Orgrimmar Mage
In the RPG
The keep was simple, and while well designed, it lacked the riches and statues one might see in a human palace.
- There's a small chamber behind the throne room. It is accessible from the right side of the room.
- By the time of the Burning Legion's defeat, a troll mask and glaives were put on display on the left side of the room, apparently belonging to Vol'jin.
- Patch 7.3.5 (2018-01-16): A curtain added to the niche right from the throne.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.
- ^ The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm, chapter 4
- ^ The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm, chapter 21
- ^ Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War, chapter 2
- ^ Ion Hazzikostas Q&A, Gamescom 2017
- ^ Legion Epilogue Horde Cinematic
- ^ Kiley, Ellen P.. Lands of Mystery, 42. ISBN 9781588467843.
- ^ Before the Storm, prologue
- ^ a b Legion in-game cinematics: Legion Epilogue Horde Cinematic