|This article is an NPC stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
- For the Horde boss encounter, see Grong, the Jungle Lord. For the Alliance boss encounter, see Grong, the Revenant.
- Not to be confused with Grond or Grongo.
Grong is an intelligent gorilla located in Zuldazar. When war came to Zandalar, Bilgewater goblins attempted to poach the Da'kani gorillas despite the gorillas' best efforts to speak with them peacefully. In response to this, Grong joined forces with the Alliance, volunteering to become a living weapon against the Horde by converting his intelligence into pure strength with gnomish technology.
Grong, having been increased in size and power but decreased in intelligence by gnomish engineering, fought the Horde in the Battle of Dazar'alor. After he was killed by Horde adventurers, he was risen as an undead by Bwonsamdi and turned against the Alliance, who in turn put him to rest.
Grong, the Jungle Lord
After volunteering to become a living super weapon, the once-intelligent Grong devolved into a giant rampaging behemoth. But though his mind may have deteriorated, Grong's strength is more immense than it has ever been.
Grong, the Revenant
Once willing to sacrifice everything to serve the Alliance, the mighty Grong has been raised from the dead and pitted against his former friends. Fighting on behalf of the Horde would be anathema to this noble soul, whose only hope for release is a clean death.
- Stealth — Puts the caster in stealth mode. Lasts until cancelled.
- Thunderstomp — Slams the ground inflicting Physical damage to all nearby enemies.
This section contains information that needs to be cleaned up. Reason: Move to appropriate quests and add its quest notes links.
- Be free, my friend.
- Freedom is yours!
- Go to the grotto. You'll be safe there.
- I shall make my way to the grotto to say my farewells.
- Kill or be killed. It's a savage existence.
- Lest we feel guilty, remember, these poachers drew first blood.
- Once I am colossal in size, the Horde will think twice about harming the Da'kani.
- Slaughtering the Da'kani comes with dire consequences.
- This is a reminder of why I must aid the Alliance.
- We kill out of necessity, not out of greed.
- Being the smartest of my kind, it made sense to be the volunteer.
- Between friends, I am a little nervous.
- But as long as I keep this handsome face, should I really care?
- But we're in this together, <name>, right? You won't let me fail.
- I am ready to become a weapon of the Alliance.
- I know the risks, <name>. And I accept them.
- I know what you must be thinking. Why would any otherwise intelligent beast choose this path for himself?
- I use humor to mask my anxiety.
- I want to become so colossal that the Horde trembles in fear at the sight of me!
- I want to exceed everyone's expectations.
- It is not without risk, however.
- Let us head to Xibala; to my destiny!
- Mostly I worry I won't be good enough.
- The likelihood that my sharp wit will lose its edge is high.
- Their device was rudimentary at first, barely able to double the target's size.
- Whatever the cost, it will be worth it to see the Horde pay for what they have done.
- When I heard the gnomes where planning a move against the Horde, I knew I needed to lend my aid.
- With my help, the embiggifier now converts intelligence into brute strength.
- Grong strong!
- Moar big! Bigger! MOAR! GROOONG!
- Me want bigger! Me can handle it.
- His generic name is Da'kani Defender.
Grong, the Jungle Lord in the Battle of Dazar'alor.
Grong, the Revenant in the Battle of Dazar'alor.
- Patch 8.1.0 (2018-12-11): Added.