Grounded Plasma Shield
- Grounded Plasma Shield
- Requires Engineering (450)
- Permanently attaches grounded plasma generators to your belt, allowing you to activate a powerful shield that absorbs 16200 to 19800 damage. Usable once every 5 minutes.
Can only be used on your own belt, and doing so will cause it to become soulbound. Requires at least 450 skill in Engineering to use.
- Cast time: 5 sec
Grounded Plasma Shield is an engineer tinker which activates a shield that absorbs 16200 to 19800 damage. It is applied to the engineer's belt. This tinker is discovered while crafting other engineering items, beginning at an engineering skill of 425; it is not learned from the trainer or a schematic. It stacks with , but not with enchants.
This tinker can backfire, resulting in one of the following:
- Plasma Misfire! - Taunts all enemies within 40 yards.(Including boss-level mobs)
- Magnetized! - 5 second stun in addition to the shield effect.
- Reversed Shield - Increases chance to be critically hit by 100% for 10 seconds.
This tinker may appear to be the obvious choice for tanks at first glance - However, each of the three possible backfires would prove devastating to both the Engineer tank, as well as their party/raid. DPS use of this tinker should be under only the most extreme circumstances due to the negative effects the AoE taunt backfire can have on most any encounter.