Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- For the hunter pet ability, see .
Tips and tactics
- Growl is particularly useful for saving DPS and healers from being attacked by mobs.
- Thanks to its long range, it can also be used to pull mobs if is on cooldown or otherwise unfavorable.
- If all else fails, immobilization of the mob - by - can be a good alternative against non-boss mobs.
- Growling at a critter sometimes causes the critter to run in fear instead of coming to you, though certain ones will attack you (such as frogs).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer activates if not used in it. Now increases threat generated while the target is taunted.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now activates Bear Form if not used in it.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Removed miss chance of this effect.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Range increased to 30 yards.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Cooldown changed to 8 sec.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): The chance for this ability to land successfully on its target is now increased by hit rating.
- Patch 1.1.1 (2004-11-17): Removed rage cost and global cooldown.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Now gives the target enough threat to attack you, cooldown added.
- Patch 0.12 (2004-10-11): Now usable against targets that are immune to physical attacks.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): Taunt effectiveness reduced.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Rage cost reduced if Growl fails.