- For lore, see gryphon.
- Mount Journal
- They love lions in Stormwind, and the gryphon is half lion. Of course they might not like which half. - Gryphon Master Talonaxe
- Brunn Flamebeard <Gryphon Keeper> at Wildhammer Stronghold in Shadowmoon Valley
- Durgan Thunderbeak <Gryphon Keeper> at Valiance Keep in Borean Tundra
- Grunda Bronzewing <Gryphon Keeper> at Honor Hold in Hellfire Peninsula
- Mei Francis <Exotic Pets> in Dalaran
- Tannec Stonebeak <Gryphon Keeper> in Stormwind City
Other vendor mounts
- Armored Snowy Gryphon is only available from Mei Francis in Dalaran, and only purchasable by the Alliance. She charges 2000 for it, but faction discount does apply from the Kirin Tor. The Horde equivalent is the .
- Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade is purchased for 1000 from Dread Commander Thalanor at Acherus: The Ebon Hold in the Eastern Plaguelands. It is the only gryphon mount available to Horde players.
- Grand Armored Gryphon is purchased for 2000 from Agent Malley in Krasarang Wilds. You must be exalted with Operation: Shieldwall to buy it.
- Grand Gryphon is a reward from completing , the final part in the Operation: Shieldwall questline.
The mount is the Alliance-side reward for when an inactive player accepted your Scroll of Resurrection and subscribed to World of Warcraft for at least 30 days. This reward became first available on March 6, 2012.
The is a special flying mount purchased for free from "Honest" Max outside of K3 in Storm Peaks. It is available to players who are level 77 or higher and have not purchased , and it can only be used in Sholazar Basin, Storm Peaks, and Icecrown.