Guardian of Ancient Kings
|Guardian of Ancient Kings|
- "It came to my aid when the orc's blade was at my throat, then vanished as quickly as it had appeared." - Overheard in the Cathedral of Light
- "Faith - and the Light - transcend time." - Watsun, Timewalker Lightshield
Guardian of Ancient Kings is a level 83 Protection paladin ability. It summons a temporary Guardian to protect the paladin.
- Not affected by the global cooldown.
During the beta, the weapons equipped by the Guardian of Ancient Kings were:
On live realms, the Protection and Holy guardians had no weapons. The Retribution guardian used a sword made of light.
- The Guardian of Ancient Kings appears as a basic card for the Paladin class in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "Holy beings from the beyond are so cliché!"
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Now only available to Protection paladins.
- Now lasts 8 seconds (down from 12 seconds).
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10):
- Holy version now has a cooldown of 3 minutes (down from 5 minutes), and summons a guardian that heals the ally that the Paladin healed for 100% (up from 10%) of the amount healed, but no longer heals nearby friendly targets.
- Retribution version now has a reduced cooldown of 3 minutes, down from 5 minutes, and the maximum number of stacks has been reduced to 12.
- Hotfix (2013-07-09): "Guardian of Ancient Kings (Holy version) should now properly interact with Battle Fatigue. Previously, Battle Fatigue was being incorrectly applied to the ability's subsequent heals."
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Uses the new Assist pet stance functionality.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26):
- Casting Guardian of Ancient Kings no longer resets the auto-attack swing timer.
- The Holy version of Guardian of Ancient Kings will now more reliably heal targets at max range from the paladin.
- The Retribution version of Guardian of Ancient Kings now benefits from the paladin's hit and expertise.
- Hotfix (2011-01-03): "The Strength bonus from the Retribution version of Guardian of Ancient Kings now applies its bonus based on total Strength instead of just base Strength."
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Added.