Guardian of Ancient Kings
|Guardian of Ancient Kings|
- "It came to my aid when the orc's blade was at my throat, then vanished as quickly as it had appeared." - Overheard in the Cathedral of Light
- "Faith - and the Light - transcend time." - Watsun, Timewalker Lightshield
Guardian of Ancient Kings is a level 83 Protection paladin ability. It summons a temporary Guardian to protect the paladin.
- Not affected by the global cooldown.
The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
During the beta, the weapons equipped by the Guardian of Ancient Kings were:
On live realms, the Protection and Holy guardians had no weapons. The Retribution guardian used a sword made of light.
- The Guardian of Ancient Kings appears as a basic card for the Paladin class in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "Holy beings from the beyond are so cliché!"
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Now only available to Protection paladins.
- Now lasts 8 seconds (down from 12 seconds).
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10):
- Holy version now has a cooldown of 3 minutes (down from 5 minutes), and summons a guardian that heals the ally that the Paladin healed for 100% (up from 10%) of the amount healed, but no longer heals nearby friendly targets.
- Retribution version now has a reduced cooldown of 3 minutes, down from 5 minutes, and the maximum number of stacks has been reduced to 12.
- Hotfix (2013-07-09): "Guardian of Ancient Kings (Holy version) should now properly interact with Battle Fatigue. Previously, Battle Fatigue was being incorrectly applied to the ability's subsequent heals."
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Uses the new Assist pet stance functionality.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26):
- Casting Guardian of Ancient Kings no longer resets the auto-attack swing timer.
- The Holy version of Guardian of Ancient Kings will now more reliably heal targets at max range from the paladin.
- The Retribution version of Guardian of Ancient Kings now benefits from the paladin's hit and expertise.
- Hotfix (2011-01-03): "The Strength bonus from the Retribution version of Guardian of Ancient Kings now applies its bonus based on total Strength instead of just base Strength."
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Added.