Guild Mentoring Program
On July 10, 2012, Blizzard introduced the Guild Mentoring Program. It is essentially guilds pledging to assist new WoW users with anything they have problems with, and willing to change their guild name for several months while they're in the program. The flags Guild Mentors as "MVP - Guild Mentor", with the usual Most Valuable Poster green text.
A list of the participants was announced August 30, 2012.
The program came to a close on December 18, 2012.
2012-07-10 16:00 | Blizzard Entertainment
Azeroth needs more heroes to rise through the ranks and your guild can help. We’re looking for a few good guilds to volunteer for the new Guild Mentoring Program. Guilds participating in the program will take part in identifying new players within selected realms, offering to invite them into the guild, and teaching them the ways of Azeroth as they level and reach the end game content.
Q. What is the Guild Mentoring Program?
A. The guild mentoring program identifies guilds on select realms to act as mentors for new and low level players (below level 85).
Q. How long does the Guild Mentoring Program run for?
A. The Guild Mentoring Program will run for a period of four months from the time that guilds are selected and notified.
Q. Is there a certain criteria for being selected as a mentoring guild?
A. Guilds must meet certain criteria to be considered for the Guild Mentoring Program:
- Guilds must be located on one of the selected realms.
- They must be willing to commit to the program for a four month period.
- They must be willing to change their name for the four month Guild Mentoring participation period. (Names will be changed back at the end of the program.)
- Guilds must be at least level 6 and have an active membership.
Q. How many guilds will be recruiting per realm?
A. Only one guild will be selected per faction on each realm.
Q. What does my guild need to do to volunteer?
A. The guild leader will need to submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Current guild name and guild leader name
- Current realm and faction of the applying guild
- Current guild level and number of guild members
- Guild leader’s real name and phone number (this information will not be published and is for internal use only)
- Brief description of the Mentoring Guild
Q. How long are you accepting applications for?
A. We will be accepting applications for two weeks. We will then select a guild for the Guild Mentoring Program from those that meet the criteria and contact the guild leader.
Q. On what realms will this program be available?
A. Mentoring guilds will be chosen for the following realms:
Q. Do participating guilds get anything special? A. Some of the benefits for taking part in the program include:
- MVP status on the forums for the guild leader and recruitment officer
- Guild member private forum access
- Recognition for your guild as being participants in the program
2012-08-30 16:00 | Blizzard Entertainment
- Alliance - Legendary
- Horde - Knight Stalkers
- Alliance - Mordax
- Horde - The Crimson Guard
- Alliance - Silentium
- Horde - Exile
- Alliance - The Queens Knights
- Horde - Pwny Express
- Alliance - Dark Sun Knights
- Horde - Dalaran Misfits
- Alliance - Hybrid Theory
- Horde - Zenith
- Alliance - Conclave
- Horde - FREE Guild Perks
- Alliance - Fair Enough
- Horde - Focus Fire
- Alliance - Celtic Brotherhood
- Horde - Audacity
- Alliance - Texmex Pack
- Horde - The Covenant
- Alliance - INTEGRITAS
- Horde - Antiquus
- Alliance - Godz of War
- Horde - WAR PIGZ
- Alliance - Ronin
- Horde - Renegades
- Alliance - Breach of Faith
- Horde - Myriad
- ^ 2012 Guild Mentoring Program Comes to an End. Blizzard Entertainment (2012-12-18). Archived from the original on 2012-12-18. Retrieved on 2018-04-12. “The program ends on December 18 and we'll be taking all of the information and feedback we've collected and looking at how we may better support similar initiatives in the future.”