Gyreworms are earth elementals in the shape of a tunneling worm and are native to Deepholm. They have also appeared in Kezan literally eating away at the Kajaro Trading Company's profits, Kaja'mite. Their purpose appears to simply be eating away rock and minerals. Earth elementals serving under Therazane the Stonemother consider these worms as vermin. The earth elementals also fear them and consider them dangerous.
- Colossal Gyreworm - Elemental
- Enormous Gyreworm - Elemental
- Gorged Gyreworm - Elemental
- Gyreworm - Elemental
- Ravenous Tunneler - Elemental
- Ruby Gemstone Cluster - Elemental
- Tunneling Worm - Beast
This section concerns content related to Mists of Pandaria.
A new creature know as Kyparite worms appear in the Dread Wastes of Pandaria using the gyreworm model. It's unknown if these creatures are one and the same with just another name or if they are just mutations made of amber known as .
Notes and trivia
- There are also Azerite gyreworms, such as the Azerite Borer.
- Prior to patch 4.0.6 most of the gyreworms in-game were classified as beasts, rather than elementals, their intended creature type.