Half-breed (or halfbreed and cross-breeds) is a term denoting rare mixed heritage. Half-breed does not denote percentage of one's heritage, but rather refers to one's mixed-heritage, see Half-.
Half-breeds are any species or individual biologically related to at least two separate species. The term half-breed was used by orcs and ogres to refer to Rexxar in the Third War. Half-orcs, Half-ogres, half-elves, and half-draenei are the most known examples of half-breeds. Rexxar and Med'an are examples of half-breeds.
While some custom character models may be created for especially notable half-breeds, they are typically represented in World of Warcraft by existing models.
Types of half-breeds
- Dwarf of Bronzebeard and Dark Iron heritage.
- Half-high elf
- Rexxar, Leoroxx (Mok'nathal)
- Giramar, Galadin, Arator
- Dagran Thaurissan II
- Kalecgos transforms himself into half-elven form of Kalec
- - half bird, half elemental
In the RPG
- Half-ogre mage
- Half-night elf (a.k.a. half-kaldorei)
- Half-blood elf
- Half-human half-ogre
- Ogre (half-breed) (Different than the full-blooded ogre race.)
- ^ Lantresor of the Blade#Lantresor's story in his own words
- ^ : Azuka Bladefury yells: (to Lantresor) You remain a half-breed...
- ^ Said by the Stonemaul ogres in Old Hatreds
- ^ Warcraft Interview with Jesse Cox and Dave Kosak “We don't have that many cross-breeds in the universe."
- ^ "The Founding of Durotar: To Tame a Land", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. Blizzard Entertainment.
- ^ Dave Kosak on Twitter
- ^ : Ambassador Slaghammer says: That halfbreed runt will never be my emperor!
- ^ Alliance Player's Guide, pg. 34, 36, 132.
- ^ Manual of Monsters, pg. 195