Halo is a level 90 Discipline and Holy priest talent.
- Halo's damage and healing varies depending on the distance of the target from the location of the initial cast, determined by the following equation:
(0.5 * (1.01)^(-1 * (((Distance-25)/2)^4)) + 0.1 + 0.015*Distance)
- For a graphical interpretation of this equation, see here.
- This generates roughly the following:
- 10% damage/healing at 0 yards
- 30% damage/healing at 13 yards
- 74% damage/healing at 20 yards
- 90% damage/healing at 22 yards
- 100% damage/healing at 27 yards
- 89% damage/healing at 30 yards
- The rough effect of Halo's scaling is that its effect is weak on targets near to the priest, but has a 'sweet spot' at a radius of roughly 20-30 yards, where it will generate substantial damage/healing. Priests should ideally therefore try to place the desired targets at that range before using Halo.
Tips and tactics
- It can be very useful for instantly dispatching large numbers of low-health foes.
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Halo cost reduced by 25%.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer available to Shadow priests. Now deals 32% more damage.
- Patch 6.1.0 (2015-02-24): Now displays an indicator on the ground to make it easier for the casting Priest see where the ability is most effective. Additionally, Halo's visual effect has been synchronized so a character will receive the effect when the nova intersects with them.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Halo's Mana cost has been reduced by 67%, and now follows standard AoE capping rules.
- Discipline and Holy: Halo now has a 1.5-second cast time (up from instant cast, see also: instant cast heals), heals for 50% less, and no longer damages enemies.
- Shadow: Halo no longer heals allies.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Healing is no longer affecting by diminishing returns when used on multiple targets.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Will no longer hit enemies that are in Stealth.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.