Northeastern Arathi Highlands
After the Second War, Hammerfall was one of the largest of the Alliance internment camps. The camp was later attacked and destroyed by and the Horde in order to free the orcs held captive there. Shortly after the end of the Third War, the Horde re-occupied the ruins of Hammerfall to use it as a forward base in the Arathi Highlands. The outpost is so named in honor to , once the Horde's Warchief, who was killed during the camp's liberation. Nowadays, Hammerfall is an unofficial refuge for discontents who feel they have no place in the current world.
Points of Interest
There is a Flight master, an inn, a Mailbox and a few quest keepers inside of Hammerfall. Behind the village is the Horde portal to fight in Arathi Basin. Arathi quest givers and Arathi Basin token vendors are located there.
This is also the location of the Hammerfall Hospital, where the Horde Triage can be taken for Artisan First Aid. teaches Runecloth and Heavy Runecloth Bandages.
Hammerfall is under siege from the combined forces of Boulderfist Ogres and Witherbark tribe of Arathi. In addition to the quest chain, groups of 5 Witherbark trolls occasionally spawn from the Witherbark Village in the south. They run up the path to Hammerfall's front gate and start attacking the guards. While the guards are capable of staving off each attack, players can also engage the attacking trolls, adding to the sense of threat from the Horde's enemies in the highlands.
- <Stable Master>
- <Wind Rider Master>
- <Trauma Surgeon>
- <General Goods>
- <Trade Goods>
- <Superior Butcher> (Cooking trainer)
- <Tailoring Supplies>
- <Leatherworking Supplies>
- Near entrance to Arathi Basin
Notes & trivia
- All Darkspear trolls seem to have either left or were told to leave during the Cataclysm.
- The name Hammerfall is taken from the Swedish power metal band with the same name. Blizzard employee Samwise Didier has painted several covers for the band so it is likely to be a tribute to the band as well as to Doomhammer.