Stronghold; former Internment camp
Northeastern Arathi Highlands
After the Second War, Hammerfall was one of the largest of the Alliance internment camps. It was later attacked and destroyed by the Horde led by Orgrim Doomhammer and Thrall in order to free the orcs held captive there.
World of Warcraft
This section concerns content related to the original World of Warcraft.
Shortly after the end of the Third War, the Horde re-occupied the ruins of Hammerfall to use it as a forward base in the Arathi Highlands. The outpost was so named in honor to Orgrim, once the Horde's Warchief, who was killed during the camp's liberation.
This section concerns content related to Cataclysm.
Battle for Azeroth
This section concerns content related to Battle for Azeroth.
Points of interest
There is a Flight master, an inn, a Mailbox and a few quest keepers inside of Hammerfall. Behind the village is the Horde portal to fight in Arathi Basin. Arathi quest givers and Arathi Basin token vendors are located there.
Hammerfall is under siege from the combined forces of Boulderfist Ogres and Witherbark tribe of Arathi. In addition to the quest chain, groups of 5 Witherbark trolls occasionally spawn from the Witherbark Village in the south. They run up the path to Hammerfall's front gate and start attacking the guards. While the guards are capable of staving off each attack, players can also engage the attacking trolls, adding to the sense of threat from the Horde's enemies in the highlands.
- Innkeeper Adegwa <Innkeeper>
- Tharlidun <Stable Master>
- Korin Fel
- Drum Fel
- Urda <Wind Rider Master>
- Doctor Gregory Victor <Trauma Surgeon>
- Graud <General Goods>
- Keena <Trade Goods>
- Uttnar <Butcher>
- Slagg <Superior Butcher> (cooking trainer)
- Mu'uta <Bowyer>
- Jun'ha <Tailoring Supplies>
- Tunkk <Leatherworking Supplies>
- Near entrance to Arathi Basin
- The Black Bride <Arathi Basin Battlemaster>
- Deathmaster Dwire
- Deathstalker Mortis
- Kosco Copperpinch <Smokywood Pastures>
- Rutherford Twing <Defilers Supply Officer>
In the RPG
A small Horde outpost, Hammerfall, provides some sanity in the Arathi Highlands. Orgrim Doomhammer, once the Horde's Warchief, fell at this historic location. After the Second War, Hammerfall became an internment camp for the leaderless orcs. Now, members of Thrall’s Horde occupy the camp.
Notes and trivia
- The name Hammerfall is taken from the Swedish power metal band with the same name. Blizzard employee Samwise Didier has painted several covers for the band so it is likely to be a tribute to the band as well as to Doomhammer.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Updated.