||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes.
- Replaced by [Blessing of Freedom].
- Hand of Freedom
- Level 52 paladin ability
- 40 yd range
- 7% of base mana
- 25 sec cooldown
- Instant cast
- Places a Hand on the friendly target, granting immunity to movement impairing effects for 6 sec. Players may only have one Hand on them per Paladin at any one time.
- "HoF" redirects here. For the instance, see Heart of Fear.
- Those who walk the path of the righteous need not fear restraint.
Hand of Freedom is a paladin ability learned at level 52.
Tips & tactics
- This ability will not remove the Daze effect caused by running from mobs. However, this ability has been used to great effect against Hunters, Rogues, Paladins, and more who all have the ability to "daze" other players (especially against those whose use of it is critical to their strategy). Hand of Freedom will remove the effects of Player Daze, but is useless against Creature Daze.
- In Warsong Gulch, when protecting the flag carrier, take note of the number of enemy priests or shaman around before casting Hand of Freedom. They can easily dispel it. Mages at or above level 64 can also [Spellsteal] it.
- This ability replaced the former [Blessing of Freedom] in patch 3.0.2 and works in the same way, but uses the Hand system to prevent conflicts with Blessings.
Patches and hotfixes