- For the sword, see [Reckoning]. For the old talent, see [Reckoning].
- "Arthas! The blood of your father, of your people, demands justice! Come forth, coward, and answer for your crimes!"
- — Bolvar Fordragon
Hand of Reckoning is a level 13 paladin ability. It is a taunt with a 30-yard range.
- Not affected by the global cooldown.
- Hand of Reckoning is a spell; it can't be cast when silenced. Prior to Patch 4.0.1, it had a 17% chance to miss raid bosses (in contrast to the 8% chance to miss boss mobs for melee attacks). Prior to Patch 4.0.1, even if you were melee hit-capped (263 hit rating at level 80), Hand of Reckoning's chance to miss was still 7.0%.
- Before its introduction, this taunt was widely-requested due to the somewhat complicated use of [Righteous Defense] at that time.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Reckoning renamed Hand of Reckoning.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Hand of Reckoning renamed Reckoning.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): No longer deals damage. Removed miss chance of this effect. (Untested, based of testing on [Growl] and [Dark Command])
- Hotfix (2009-08-08): "Hand of Reckoning is no longer able to be used on targets that are immune to taunt, including players."
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Redesigned. Now does damage only when the target does not currently have the caster targeted, but damage done increased to 50% of attack power, occurring after the taunt effect is applied.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Now affected by Benediction.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Added.