||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes.
- Replaced by [Blessing of Sacrifice].
- Hand of Sacrifice
- Level 80 paladin ability
- 40 yd range
- 7% of base mana
- 2 min cooldown
- Instant cast
- Holy, Protection
Places a Hand on a party or raid member, transferring 30% of damage taken to the Paladin for 12 sec or until the Paladin has transferred 100% of their maximum health. Players may only have one Hand on them per Paladin at any one time.
Places a Hand on a party or raid member, instantly removing all harmful Magic effects from the target, and transferring 30% of damage taken to the Paladin for 12 sec or until the Paladin has transferred 100% of their maximum health. Players may only have one Hand on them per Paladin at any one time.
- A true hero is willing to bear the burdens of others.
Hand of Sacrifice is a paladin ability learned at level 80.
Tips and tactics
- Hand of Sacrifice can be used to avoid being the victim of Crowd Control in PvP. Bless a person who is quite likely to draw enemy fire. This way, if you're afflicted by [Polymorph], [Sap], [Repentance] or any other of incapacitating effect, the damage transferred to you would break Crowd Control.
- Note that using Hand of Sacrifice may make it difficult for the healer to heal. Normally, the healer would only need to heal one target. Under Hand of Sacrifice, both you and the player you blessed would take damage. Be sure to communicate this to the main healer, and do try to heal yourself from your own mana pool if it is feasible.
- When the tank is about to take an exceptionally high amount of damage (for instance, Impale during the Madness of Deathwing encounter) the damage transferred via Hand of Sacrifice can be enough to kill the healer. To counteract this, healers can use [Divine Shield] along with the Sacrifice, often called a "bubble-sac"
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed, replaced by [Blessing of Sacrifice].
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now off global-cooldown.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Range increased from 30 to 40 yards.
- Hotfix (2010-12-21): "Damage dealt to the paladin by Hand of Sacrifice correctly breaks all forms of a mage's Polymorph."
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Casting this spell on a target with Divine Sacrifice active will now generate an error message instead of wasting the cooldown.