|Level||72 - 82 Elite|
|Location||Arcatraz, Tempest Keep|
Harbinger Skyriss is one of the qiraji entities that the naaru kept locked up within the Arcatraz. He is a servant of the Old Gods and seeks to usher in his masters' vision of conquering all of the worlds in the universe. His plans were surprisingly rewarded when he was picked up by the naaru. He must have corrupted Warden Mellichar into releasing all the prisoners in the Arcatraz.
Skyriss uses the same model as The Prophet Skeram, and appears as the 4th and final mob of a multi wave encounter in the Arcatraz wing of Tempest Keep. The encounter is begun by engaging Warden Mellichar. The warden will in turn open the four orbs along the walls of the room, and finally wake up Skyriss. There are two different varieties of each mini-boss. If the mini-bosses are killed quick enough, there's time for regeneration out of combat between them. The encounter can be reset by running out, after a certain wait time Mellichar will respawn, just like after a wipe.
Many of the mini-bosses, as well as Skyriss himself, are based on classic World of Warcraft raid bosses.
Note: The encounter is not able to be reset if you wipe after Harbinger Skyriss appears but before he becomes attackable (this can happen if a party wipes on the final orb mini-boss). An instance reset is required to reset the encounter if this occurs.
The naaru believed the persuasive voice of Harbinger Skyriss was silenced when they contained him and forced him into a long, dreamless sleep. The unfortunate warden of Arcatraz learned the naaru were wrong. Skyriss had just enough energy to speak to Warden Mellichar in a still, small voice. Time took care of the rest.
First Prison Cell
When Warden Mellichar enters combat, he opens the first prison cell, releasing either a Blazing Trickster or a Phase-Hunter.
- Firebolt — Blazing Trickster blasts a player, inflicting 1980 to 2420 (+ 57.1% of Spell power) Fire damage.
- Fire Shield — Blazing Trickster surrounds himself in a shield of Fire, increasing Fire resistance by 100 and making every strike against him cause 50 Fire damage to the attacker.
- Warp — Phase-Hunter warps behind a player.
- Phase Burst — Phase-Hunter releases a burst of energy, increasing its movement speed by 75% and attack speed by 75% for 8 sec.
- Back Attack — Phase-Hunter inflicts additional Physical damage when attacking players from behind.
Second Prison Cell
Shortly after unlocking the first prison cell, Warden Mellichar unlocks the second prison cell, releasing Millhouse Manastorm.
- Millhouse Manastorm — Insulted by Mellichar, Millhouse Manastorm aids players in the fight against the other prisoners and Harbinger Skyriss.
Third Prison Cell
Immediately after realizing that the second prison cell only contains Millhouse Manastorm, Warden Mellichar unlocks the third prison cell containing either a Sulfuron Magma-Thrower or an Akkiris Lightning-Waker.
- Rain of Fire — Sulfuron Magma-Thrower calls down a molten rain, inflicting Fire damage to all players within 0 yards of the targeted area every 2 seconds for 6 sec.
- Magma-Thrower's Curse — Sulfuron Magma-Thrower curses a player, reducing the effectiveness of any healing effects received by 50% for 1 min.
- Shadow Bolt — Sulfuron Magma-Thrower hurls a bolt of dark magic at a player, inflicting Shadow damage.
- Lightning Jump — Akkiris Lightning-Waker curses a player, increasing the damage they take from all Magic by 100% for 1 min.
- Lightning Discharge — Akkiris Lightning-Waker sends out lightning bolts, inflicting Nature damage to all players within 0 yards.
- Spell Shock — Akkiris Lightning-Waker counters a player's spell, preventing them from casting that spell again for 6 sec.
- Magic Grounding — Akkiris Lightning-Waker grounds itself, reducing all Magic damage taken by 50% for 30 sec.
Fourth Prison Cell
Shortly after unlocking the third prison cell, Warden Mellichar unlocks the fourth prison cell containing either a Blackwing Drakonaar or a Twilight Drakonaar.
- Brood Power: Black — Blackwing Drakonaar deals Fire damage to all players in front of it.
- Mortal Strike — Blackwing Drakonaar inflicts Physical damage to a player, reducing the effectiveness of any healing effects received by 50% for 5 sec.
- Blast Wave — Blackwing Drakonaar unleashes a wave of flame, inflicting Fire damage to all players within 0 yards and reducing their movement speed for 8 sec.
- Brood Power: Green — Twilight Drakonaar stuns all players in front of it for 1 sec.
- Brood Power: Black — Twilight Drakonaar deals Fire damage to all players in front of it.
- Brood Power: Blue — Twilight Drakonaar inflicts Frost damage to all players in front of it, destroying 875 to 1125 mana and increasing the time between attacks by 100% for 6 sec.
- Brood Power: Bronze — Twilight Drakonaar inflicts Arcane damage to all players in front of it, reducing their casting speed by 50% and increasing the time between attacks by 33% for 6 sec.
- Brood Power: Red — Twilight Drakonaar burns all players in front of it, inflicting Fire damage every second for 5 sec.
Final Prison Cell
- Harbinger Skyriss
- Mind Rend — Harbinger Skyriss stuns a player's mind, inflicting 3750 Shadow damage over 3 sec.
- Fear — Harbinger Skyriss strikes fear in a player, causing them to flee in terror for 4 sec.
- Domination — Harbinger Skyriss takes control of a player, causing them to fight their allies for 6 sec.
- Mana Burn — Harbinger Skyriss burns a player's mana, inflicting Shadow damage for each point of mana consumed.
- Harbinger's Illusion — When Harbinger Skryiss reaches 66% and 33% remaining health, he creates an illusion of himself. The illusion of Harbinger Skyriss uses Mind Rend to assault players.
Skyriss behaves much like The Prophet Skeram from the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj. The clones have less hitpoints and a somewhat reduced set of abilities. They have a normal non-stunning Mind Flay which deals less damage than the original, however if Skyriss and the clone both use their flay/rend on the same person that person will most likely die.
Healing is the key to this fight. Secondary healers should wear their best healer outfit. The job of the backup healer is to keep Millhouse alive, and to make sure the main healer survives when he's affected by the mind flay.
How to deal with Skyriss' abilities:
1. Skyriss clones
- Be sure that the party leader places a raid icon on the original boss so the copies are easily identified and killed ASAP
2. Random Target Mind Rend
- This deals a total of 3750 damage. This attack hits for a total of 4800 in Heroic. If the healer is hit, an off-healer can be a great help.
3. Mind Control
- Lasts 6 seconds. Mind Control cannot be dispelled, but will break the effect. Forsaken players can also use the Racial to break free of Mind Control. (Untested in Heroic.)
Shadow Protection buff is helpful to resist or break the MC early as well as the mindflay.
A warlocks Felhunter pet can use "Devour Magic" on fears/mind rends/mind control debuffs.
Mages can blink or ice block out of the mind flay, minimizing the damage they take.
A Rogue in melee range will attract every fear and many mind controls; conscientious rogues will equip their PvP trinket and use it early in the fight to absorb as much CC as they can. Bear in mind that can be used by Skyriss while you are Mind Controlled, and break the effect early.
Hunters - make sure to get a Snake Trap out, Skyriss will Mind Flay the snakes, saving you a few Mind Flays and making it easier on your healer.
- When released
- It is a small matter to control the mind of the weak... for I bear allegiance to powers untouched by time, unmoved by fate. No force on this world or beyond harbors the strength to bend our knee... not even the mighty Legion!
- Killing Warden Mellichar
- Bear witness to the agent of your demise!
- I will show you horrors undreamed of.
- Flee in terror.
- Mind Control
- Your will is no longer your own.
- You will do my bidding, weakling.
- We span the universe, as countless as the stars!
- Killing a player
- The chaos I have sown here is but a taste...
- Your fate is written!
- I am merely one of... infinite multitudes.
- Skyriss is the only qiraji prophet caste member that does not spawn within Ahn'Qiraj.
- Skyriss is voiced by Steve Blum.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.