|Title||Archaeology Trainer, Dr.|
|Student(s)||Janric Moller, Lana Dubing, Darnella Winford|
Harrison Jones is an archaeologist and explorer, much like his namesake. Initially a simple joke character, Jones has become a reoccurring character with added significance, particularly during the Uldum storyline. His companions often include Adarrah, Samir and Budd Nedreck.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Locations
- 3 Quests
- 4 Quotes
- 5 Notes and trivia
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Relatives
- 8 Videos
- 9 Patch changes
- 10 References
- 11 External links
This section concerns content related to The Burning Crusade.
Jones first appeared as a level 70 NPC located inside Zul'Aman. Upon entering Zul'Aman, the inner gate into the city was shut; speaking to Jones would cause him to don his hat (another Indy trademark), shout out and run over to the gong near the door. He and five players needed to hit the gong (a channelled effect, like summoning) until it stopped moving; shortly thereafter the gates would open, beginning the 20-minute timed event.
Wrath of the Lich King
Though previously thought to have been killed by the sudden ambush of Amani trolls, Harrison Jones returned in Northrend. He can be found in the crypt of the Drakil'jin Ruins in the eastern Grizzly Hills. He decided to leave the place and asks the adventurer if they wanted to follow him. In the crypt, he freed Adarrah and defeated giant cobra Tecahuna. Once Harrison saves the adventurer, Jones disappears from sight.
Shortly after this, Harrison finds a mule and travels to Uldum on a Mule and is encountered at Khartut's Tomb, searching for the Coffer of the Promise. Moments before arming some explosives, pygmy shoots at Harrison's mule which forces the adventurer to hit a brazier and light the explosive. Terrified, Harrison and the adventurer jump into two nearby chests. After crushing into another pygmy, they ended up at the Obelisk of the Stars. To their luck, they discover titan tablet which tell him that the obelisk are what kept the land hidden. He also discovers that the way to recharge it is by using the . Going inside the Chamber of the Stars, he learns that the statues house four orbs and he decided to topple them.
Harrison then informs the adventurer to meet him in Ramkahen for the next step of his plan. They entered the Chamber of the Sun and activated it, then took flight on a plane. When Commander Schnottz told everything about his plan to the adventurer, Harrison came into the scene and tell Schnottz to beat it which meant we haven't seen the last of him. At the Obelisk of the Moon, Schnottz's men have already trend into the ruins to defeat the Guardian that protects it, but ultimately fails when the adventurer bombed the camp and killed the remaining men. Harrison arrives at the ruins and activates the obelisk, then he and the adventurer run towards the temple of Uldum. Unfortunately, Schnottz already won and found the treasure before they even got there. Surrounded by black dragons, Harrison and adventurer had been put in an impossible situation to get out of, until suddenly, the chest spoke. Someone was in there and used a orb of light to obliterate the black dragons and Schnottz himself.
Brann Bronzebeard's "two steps ahead of everyone as usual" strikes again and Harrison Jones and adventurer were relived. Harrison then told the adventurer to light up signal flares to be brought to the Coffer of Promise.
Mists of Pandaria
Jones can be briefly seen in the Silvershard Mines on a mine track heading north.
Warlords of Draenor
Jones is mentioned in passing by a Stormshield Guard in Ashran: "I hear that Harrison Jones still isn't any closer to finding that artifact." Examiner Rahm Flameheart and Illandria Belore of the Reliquary also discuss Harrison's mission, hoping to seize the artifact before he does.
Harrison is found on the main island excavating its ruins. He can be attacked as part of Horde's bonus objective in Stormshield Stronghold.
Battle for Azeroth
|Location||Level range||Health range|
Obelisk of the Stars questline
Obelisk of the Sun questline
Schnottz's Landing questline
Vir'sar and beyond questline
Temple of Uldum questline
A word to the wise, stranger, go back to wherever you're from.
This is no place for lighthearted adventurers. It'll chew up the likes of you and spit out your bones.
Thanks for the concern, but we intend to explore Zul'Aman.
Are you here to train in Archaeology?
- On approach, Janric Moller, Lana Dubing and Darnella Winford stand in a semi-circle in front of Jones.
- Archaeology is the search for fact. Not truth.
- If it's truth you're interested in, Cuddy Nordlinger's Philosophy class is right down the hall.
- Janric Moller laughs.
- Lana Dubing laughs.
- Darnella Winford laughs.
- So forget any ideas you've got about lost cities, exotic travel and digging up the world.
- Seventy percent of all archaeology is done in library. Research. Reading.
- We cannot afford to take mythology at the face value.
- Lana Dubing flutters her eyelashes at Harrison Jones.
- Ahem! Well... ah, next week: "Tanaris." Starting with the excavation of Broken Pillar by Marvon Rivetseeker in Year 22.
- I will be here doing research if anybody's got any problems for the next hour and a half.
- The students wave goodbye and leave the library.
- Just look at this place!
- It's an a archaeologist's dream...
- You're not thinkin' about stealing my explosives again, are ya?
- How about you don't go runnin' off with my explosives this time, okay?
Obelisk of the Stars
I've been meaning to investigate this site.
No time like the present!
Obelisk of the Sun
Dad always told me the big fellas hit hard, but that they're slow...
I'm pretty sure dad never met this guy!
- Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and Glory.
- I'm making this up as I go!
- I'm like a bad penny. I always turn up.
- I'll give ya a tip, kid. "X" never, ever marks the spot.
- You need my help with anything today, commander?
- Nothing surprises me, commander. I'm a scientist.
- Have you found any more artifacts, commander?
- You call THIS archaeology?
Notes and trivia
- Sullah is his old friend.
- His name is a reference to actor Harrison Ford and one of his better known roles, world-renowned adventurer Indiana Jones. His Horde counterpart, Belloc Brightblade, is a reference to Indiana's nemesis in Raiders of the Lost Ark, René Belloq.
- His quotes in Stormwind Keep are nearly identical to Ford's lines in Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade.
- He has a well documented fear of rats.
- This is a reference to Indiana Jones' fear of snakes.
- He was set to appear in Vashj'ir, but those plans were scrapped during the Cataclysm beta.
- His appearance in Silvershard Mines is most likely a reference to the mine cart action scene in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.
- Although clearly an Alliance member, he also becomes a follower for Horde players in Patch 6.1.0, to whom he offers the same quests and services as the Alliance. This is strange on a few levels, as Jones is one of the Horde's killable antagonists on Ashran, his mission there was a large catalyst of the breakout of hostilities, and is an enemy of the Horde's own archaeology faction, the Reliquary. It was believed that the Reliquary's leader, Tae'thelan Bloodwatcher would play Harrison's 6.1 role for the Horde, but for whatever reason this did not go ahead.
- He appears as a legendary card in Hearthstone. His flavor text reads: "That belongs in the Hall of Explorers!"
- Jones makes cameo appearances in Heroes of the Storm on the Sky Temple and Tomb of the Spider Queen battlegrounds.
- He wrote .
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Now an Archaeology trainer in Stormwind and quest giver in Uldum.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Now a neutral NPC in Northrend.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Added.