Harrison Jones and the Temple of Uldum
83 (Requires 83)
Recover the Coffer of Promise.
- Coffer of Promise Discovered
After all we've been through, it looks like everything's actually coming together!
We're just steps away from the coffer... I've researched the codes to reveal it... Schnottz thinks we're dead...
You know, we might just pull this off after all!
Lucky fer you, this ol' dwarf's still got a few tricks up his sleeve!
Heehee! ...shoulda seen tha look on yer faces!
- Harrison and the player run away from the arena toward the southwest. After a fade to black, the two are at the southwestern end of the Ruins of Khintaset. A translucent yellow hemispherical shield sits in the middle of the area, but Harrison and the player run past it to the controls at the west end of the area overlooking the Oasis of Vir'sar, far below.
- Harrison Jones says: That oughta do it!
- The two walk over to the shield, which fades, revealing the Coffer of Promise!
- Harrison Jones says: Would you look at that...
- Harrison Jones says: <Name>! We've done it!
- Suddenly, Commander Schnottz's hot air ballon, flanked by the two black dragons, rise up from below.
- Commander Schnottz says: Vell done, Doctah Jones!
- Commander Schnottz says: Not only haf you led me right to zhe coffer, but you haf removed its protektions!
- Schnottz jumps off the balloon and lands a few yards in front of Harrison and the player.
- Commander Schnottz says: Such a pity...
- Commander Schnottz says: I vould offer you a prestigious position in my organization if I didn't haf to kill you.
- Commander Schnottz says: But first!
- Commander Schnottz says: You shall vitness zhe destruction of zhat vhich you hold so dear!
- Harrison Jones says: The Coffer!? You wouldn't...
- Commander Schnottz says: Oh, don't be such a fool! I never vanted your silly chest for myself.
- Commander Schnottz says: Zhat artifact is zhe only zhink preventink Deazhvink from activatink zhe reorigination mechanism!
- Commander Schnottz says: Vonce his lust for vengeance is sated, I vill be free to rule Azerozh as I see fit!
- The coffer makes a few sparks as a dimly glowing sphere starts to hover above it and an unexpected voice is heard from inside...
- Brann Bronzebeard says: Och! Come on now, ye buggar...
- Commander Schnottz says: Hmm? Vhat vas zhat?
- The dragons pull away, setting up on either side of the coffer, opposite Schnottz's position.
- Commander Schnottz says: No matter! In a moment, nozhink vill remain of any of zhis!
- The energy sphere above the coffer starts glowing more brightly and growing in size.
- Harrison Jones says: Close your eyes, kid. This ain't gunna be pretty...
- Commander Schnottz yells: Destroy zhe - Vait... vhat is ZHAT?!
- The coffer activates, sending yellow beams of energy into Schnottz and the two dragons, killing the dragons instantly and obliterating Schnottz!
- Commander Schnottz yells: Auckh!!!
- Brann Bronzebeard jumps out of the coffer!
- Brann Bronzebeard says: Ahah! Fresh air at last!
- Brann walks over toward Harrison and the player and laughs.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: Two steps ahead of ya again, junior! As usual.
The cutscene ends with Brann and Harrison standing in front of the building to the east of the coffer.
Brann's gossip text:
- 'Bout time ye showed up.
- I been expectin' ye fer days now.
- Leavin' an ol' dwarf ta swelter... I trained Junior better than that.
Almost everything regarding this quest, (including the title), is a reference to the "Indiana Jones" movies. The quest itself is a reference to the famous ending scene where the Nazi's opens the Ark and gets killed by ghosts in a similar way the dragons and "The Furrier" dies in.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2011-03-29): "Hostile NPCs are no longer present at the Temple of Uldum once the cutscene from picking up "Harrison Jones and the Temple of Uldum" finishes playing."
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.