- For the other world event, similar to the North American holiday Thanksgiving, see Pilgrim's Bounty.
September 29 - October 6 (2020)
The Harvest Festival is an annual world event that takes place in September or October, lasting for one week.
During the Harvest Festival of Azeroth, the Horde and the Alliance give thanks to heroes for the sacrifices - in some cases ultimate sacrifices - they have given on our behalf. In the time of the Harvest Festival, a great buffet is built up outside of Ironforge and Orgrimmar.
From Harvest Festival on the official site:
- Throughout history, many have given their lives to aid their allies. Every year, members of the Horde and the Alliance set aside time to honor the memories of the fallen and to pay tribute to those whose memories are held most dear: Uther Lightbringer, for the Alliance, and Grom Hellscream, for the Horde. Heroes take time from their adventures to visit the graves of these two great leaders and to leave a tribute to them at the memorial. To show their respect, members of the Alliance light a candle at the Tomb of Uther Lightbringer in the Western Plaguelands. Members of the Horde show their respect to Grom Hellscream by leaving a bottle of spirits at the base of the Hellscream Memorial in Demon Fall Canyon in Ashenvale.
The following items can be picked up from the table:
Currently, there are no achievements for the holiday to be unlocked, although eating and drinking the items above will count towards and .
- from Wagner Hammerstrike at the Gates of Ironforge. The Alliance acknowledges many heroes, but none weave a more tragic tale than that of Uther Lightbringer. People can help to honor Uther by taking an offering to his tomb in the Western Plaguelands.
- from Javnir Nashak outside Orgrimmar. The Horde acknowledges also many heroes, but none exemplify strength and sacrifice more than Grom Hellscream. People can honor Grom by taking an offering to his monument in the Demon Fall Canyon of Ashenvale.
New in 2019:
- It is likely that, similar to Lunar Festival, Harvest Festival is an in-game event corresponding to harvest festivals in East Asia, such as the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival and the Korean Chuseok as the dates generally coincide.
- 2006: October 6
- 2007: September 25
- 2008: September 14
- 2009: September 27
- 2010: September 16
- 2011: September 12
- 2012: September 30
- 2013: September 19
- 2014: September 2
- 2015: September 21
- 2016: September 9
- 2017: September 29
- 2018: September 18
- 2019: September 10
- In 2007, these quests were not available to blood elves or draenei.
- Coincides with the anniversary of Stress Test Beta Has Ended. The final day is Columbus Day in the United States and Thanksgiving Day in Canada (October 10 in 2011).