|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 6.0.2.
- For the general term, see Healing.
- One simple touch can mend so much.
Heal was a priest healing ability, learned by Holy and Discipline priests at level 28. It covers the niche of a cheap heal that can be cast virtually forever. The downside is that it is slow to cast and not very powerful. For a far more powerful but less efficient healing spell, use . In situations where speed takes priority over mana efficiency, the quick but expensive may be preferred. While both these spells are undeniably more powerful, Heal is more mana efficient, and is a spell that can be used as a filler when nothing much else is going on.
Warcraft III Manual Background
The positive energies of the Light can be channeled to create a healing energy wave. This technique, developed first by the high elves, and later taught to humans, has remained relatively unchanged since its original discovery.
- Heal is designed as a cheap and spammable filler spell, designed to counter light damage without denting your manabar much.
- Heal can proc the talent . The free Flash Heals may offset that Heal is not a heavy hitter.
- If you pick the talent, you may get more out of your mana by casting and using the downtime regaining mana through Solace, rather than chaincasting Heal.
- Discipline priests can use Heal to proc and maintain cheaply.
- Discipline priests can make Heal an attractive option due to reducing the Weakened Soul debuff on targets. With its low cost, regular Heal casts can allow the priest to use Power Word: Shield more often, saving mana, benefiting from Haste () and preventing spellcasting from being interrupted.
- Holy priests using will cast Heal at +15% strength.
- Holy priests using can refresh the duration of on targets by using Heal (or any other direct heal). One less commonly used strategy for very cheap AoE healing is to cast on up to 5 targets and rotate Heal on each of these to refresh the duration of the HoT. This strategy doesn't allow much room for mistakes, but it can be used to keep a small group of people alive virtually forever as long as the damage isn't too heavy.
- Combined with the healing spell and , this spell is often enough to outheal tank damage in leveling dungeons and some heroics, meaning less dependency on the more expensive healing spells.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Removed. Replaced by (renamed from Greater Heal).
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a Discipline and Holy specialization ability. Spell rebalanced for MoP; mana cost adjusted to 1.9%, strength of the spell buffed quite a bit.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Throughput increased by 20%
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Redesigned as the "cheap heal" in the priest arsenal