Healing Stream Totem
|Healing Stream Totem|
Healing Stream Totem is a level 13 Restoration shaman ability.
Tips and tactics
Healing Stream Totem is a minor healing cooldown which heals an injured ally within 40 yards of the totem for a small amount every two seconds for fifteen seconds. It is used mainly in group play and should be used more or less on cooldown. Unlike , however, it should not be reserved only for when the group is taking heavy damage, as its short cooldown allows it to be used fairly often. Whenever possible, it should be aligned with major group damage effects when Healing Tide Totem is on cooldown or (if raid cooldowns are being coordinated) whenever it is not the shaman's turn.
In previous expansions the totem would use the spell power that the caster had at the time of casting for the full duration, but now "updates" with every tick rather than just at the time of casting. This means that it no longer matters what buffs you have active when you place the totem, and that there is no point in refreshing the totem unless you need to move it or it is about to expire.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-06-13): "Healing Stream Totem now heals for an additional 40% in PvP situations (was 10%)."
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Healing increased to 82% (was 70%).
- Hotfix (2016-07-25): "Now heals for 35% more in PvP combat."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now only available to Restoration shaman.
- Hotfix (2016-01-07): "Healing Stream Totem or Healing Tide Totem (Restoration) should correctly now continue to heal even when the casting Shaman is under the effects of a Druid's Cyclone."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Mana cost has been reduced to 8.6% of base mana (down from 23.5%), and its healing has been reduced by 50%.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now lasts 15 seconds, has a 30 sec cooldown and only heals one party or raid member.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Totem duration increased from 2 to 5 minutes.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Duration increased to 2 minutes.
- Patch 1.11.0 (2006-06-19): Healing done now scales with bonus healing from gear. Mana cost reduced.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Heals in smaller, more frequent intervals (roughly the same total over time).
- Patch 0.6 (2004-04-13): Mana cost reduced and duration increased.