- Power over the elements is power over creation itself.
Healing Wave is a Restoration shaman healing spell, learned at level 60. It is a shaman's most mana efficient single-target heal. It doesn't heal for very much, however, and is only really useful at times of lower damage. Its main advantage is that the low mana cost means that you can chain-cast the spell indefinitely.
Tips and tactics
- While mana efficient, Healing Wave doesn't heal for very much. Using charges on it is not always recommended either.
- If a target is in danger of dying, is usually a better choice.
- Healing Wave is a rare Shaman spell in the Grand Tournament expansion of Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "Favored by shaman who study the art of restoration and healing, this spell would feel smug, if it had feelings."
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-06-13): "Healing Wave heals for an additional 50% in PvP situations (was an additional 100%)."
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Now heals for 200% more in PvP (was 135%).
- Hotfix (2016-07-25): "Now heals for 35% more in PvP combat."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): has been renamed to Healing Wave.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Level requirement is 7, and the spell is no longer free, available after character creation.
- Hotfix (2009-04-22): "The Thunderfall Totem will no longer increase the casting time of Healing Wave or Lesser Healing Wave when is active."
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): Mana cost on all ranks reduced approximately 9%.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Mana cost and heal amount reduced.