Hearth and Home is the first animated short featuring the characters and inn of Hearthstone. The short shows how Ava discovered why Hearthstone is home.
- Ava, human girl main character.
- Harth Stonebrew, dwarven innkeeper and founder of the tavern. Always ready with a friendly greeting, a cold pint, and a sympathetic ear. Presumably an ordinary dwarf. Presumably.
- Malto, a Mage, an expert in matters arcane, and a fountain of sage wisdom. The first-ever guest of the tavern, long before anyone can remember. Mentor to all, and friend of Harth.
- Sarge, a mouse and friend to all. Brave, loyal, and highly intelligent. Frequently a hero.
- Fewz and Wick, goblin brothers. They often provide commentary, whether requested or not, for the tavern's heated Hearthstone matches.
- Lou, a Paladin with glorious hair, impressive muscles, and good humor. Beloved by all (he's quite certain). Once an adventurer. Will he be one again?
- Bertie, a gnome, a former soldier, and mender of all things mechanized or mystifying. Friend of Urk.
- Urk, an orc who is smarter than he looks. Or acts. More sensitive than he seems. Still running up a huge tab in broken tables. Has an axe for every occasion.
- Velaris, a blood elf aristocrat and far too rich for bad taste. Likes to win and hates to lose. Friend of himself.
- Human inn patrons
- Malto's pet
- Two-headed ogre
As played cards: