|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.3a but is present in World of Warcraft: Classic.
20 (Requires 20)
Heartswood is the 3rd quest in the Gakin's Summons quest chain.
In preparation for your coming, I used my sight to look over the world and through the mists of time. I have found what it is you seek.
In the War of the Ancients, two lovers fell together in battle. Where they took their last breaths, a tree known as the heartswood grew, a symbol of their undying love.
You will gain:
- 1550 XP
Was your search a success, <name>?
Yes, I can tell this will do nicely, let me just work with it for a moment...
Takar is a resourceful fellow to have around, isn't he? If only I could persuade him to move back to civilization.
The tree is surrounded by Dark Strand Cultists, who drop the quest objective for .
Alliance warlocks cannot simply follow the road from the quest-giver into Ashenvale due to the Horde encampment at the Mor'shan Rampart, but there are several alternatives:
- There is a breach in the Mor'shan Rampart directly east of the Horde outpost that allows you passage without aggroing the Horde NPC's. It is at 49,5 in The Barrens, and at 70,87 in Ashenvale. This is the most direct route.
- One can go west from Crossroads in the Barrens, through Stonetalon Mountains, and into Ashenvale via The Talondeep Path.
- One can go north from Ratchet, following the river into Ashenvale. This option will require some swimming, and will expose you to more attacks from mobs, both in the water and on land, since it is not on a road. Getting out of the river and onto a road in Ashenvale can also be challenging, so be forewarned if choosing this option. This option does have the benefit of bringing you into Ashenvale closest to the Forest Song FP.
- One can go south and then east, through Dustwallow to Theramore, and take the boat to Menethil. In Menethil, take the boat to Auberdine. In Auberdine, go south through Darkshore into Ashenvale.
These are the basic options; one can augment or modify them using Hearthstones, or by starting in Ashenvale and doing them in reverse.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Removed.