|HELP CONTENTS · Getting Started · New to Wowpedia · Editing Wowpedia · The Wowpedia Community · Additional Help|
|See Gamepedia Help for basic MediaWiki usage!|
Every page, that is not itself a talk page, has (potentially) an associated talk page in the corresponding talk namespace.
- Talk pages for regular articles are used to discuss changes to the article.
- User talk pages are used to leave messages for a particular user. "You have new messages" is automatically displayed on all pages that the user views, until the user talk pages is viewed by the user.
Please sign your posts on talk pages. Use
--~~~~ (two dashes followed by four tildes) to produce e.g. "--Mikk 06:44, 23 August 2006 (EDT)".
It is also customary to indent responses to a previous post to emulate a threaded view of e.g. mail or forums posts:
Hello. --[[User:Fandyllic|Fandyllic]] 09:12, 22 August 2006 (EDT) : Hi! --~~~~
Hello. --Fandyllic 09:12, 22 August 2006 (EDT)
Use the full page name
When discussing the name of the page or discussing merging it with another page, always mention the current page name: after renaming (moving) a page with its talk page, references to "this page name" would not make sense.
Quickly posting new discussions
- Hint: The "new section" feature also works on other than talk pages; there's just no link for it. Use the url directly, e.g. https://wow.gamepedia.com/index.php?title=Sandbox&action=edit§ion=new. Click the tab and then append "§ion=new" to the resulting URL!
- The talk page for "Main Page" is "Talk:Main Page"
- The talk page for "User:Mikk" is "User talk:Mikk"
- The talk page for "Wowpedia:Guidelines" is "Wowpedia talk:Guidelines"