|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
- Not to be confused with Bookie Herod.
|Title||<The Scarlet Champion>|
|Occupation||Champion of the Scarlet Crusade|
|Location||Hall of Champions, Scarlet Monastery|
|Status||Killable, Alive (CoT), Deceased (lore)|
Herod is one of the four Scarlet Crusade leaders in the Scarlet Monastery. It is known that both Raleigh the Devout in the Hillsbrad Foothills and Varimathras in the Undercity are determined to eliminate the leadership of the Scarlet Monastery, albeit for different reasons.
The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
This section concerns content related to The Burning Crusade.
Wrath of the Lich King
This section concerns content related to Wrath of the Lich King.
Mists of Pandaria
This section concerns content related to Mists of Pandaria.
Herod was replaced by Armsmaster Harlan.
- Cleave — Inflicts 110% of weapon damage to an enemy and its nearest ally.
- Frenzy — Increases the caster's attack speed by 60% for 2 min.
- Rushing Charge — Increases the caster's movement speed by 178% for 4 sec. and causes it to inflict an additional 600 damage on its first attack.
- Whirlwind — Attacks nearby enemies in a whirlwind of steel that lasts 10 sec., inflicting weapon damage plus 100 every 2 sec. Grants the caster temporary magic immunity.
A full group of properly leveled players should be used when attempting to defeat Herod. His melee damage is impressive and can put a huge hurt on cloth-users. A Healer should stay behind and focus on healing, as with any boss fight. It is advisable for the ranged dps and healers to remain on the stairs to avoid Whirlwind, however, the Healer must be careful not to lose line of sight to the Tank.
Herod will initially perform Rushing Charge, exactly like a Warrior's , to the player who draws first aggro. He will proceed with basic melee swings until he's lost a good deal of health. He will then initiate a -like attack (signaled by the quote below) that will render him invulnerable to spell damage. This attack deals AoE damage to anyone standing close by, so players should just run out of range and anyone able to use a ranged weapon should be shooting at him. Hunters should make sure to pull their pets back as well.
If your Healer has a low mana pool, or is not the proper level for this instance, have everyone bandage if they get hit by Herod's Whirlwind attack, so the heals can be focused on the Main Tank.
After Herod is defeated, twenty Scarlet Trainees will spawn. Do not be intimidated, as they can be taken out with one hit. If there is a Mage present, they should use AoE attacks to wipe them all out.
Also, if you try to run outside the room, Herod will sprint, increasing his movement speed by 60% and almost certainly catching up to you; if you don't get affected by this, 3 Scarlet Myrmidons will spawn and block your path.
- Ah, I've been waiting for a real challenge.
- Light, give me strength!
- Blades of Light!
Killing a player:
- Ha, is that all?
- Herod is likely named after one of several ancient Judaean kings who bore the name Herod.
- Herod is voiced by Marc Graue.
- Almost uniquely for a World of Warcraft boss, three of the four items he dropped were items he was actually seen using in person.