Heroic: Archivum Data Disc
Heroic: Archivum Data Disc and its Normal mode equivalent: start the quest chain required for access to Algalon the Observer. It follows the vein of the Malygos attunement, where only one player in the raid needs the key to gain access to the boss.
This platinum disc is surprisingly symmetrical and devoid of any scratches or imperfections. Engraved along it's edge, bold runes spell out the word "ARCHIVUM."
There must be a device inside Ulduar capable of reading the disc.
The console whirrs with energy as the round receptacle opens.
The platinum disc fits perfectly inside the console. It begins to spin as its contents are scanned by white beams of light.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: Now, this is what we call a nice find!
- Archivum System says: Entry denied. Access level insufficient.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: I'll show ye access, ye wretched machine. Here it is again: Norgannon's key!
- Archivum System says: Access to the Archivum granted. Intrusion protection mechanisms suspended.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: Looks just like all the other titan archives me lads have found... only older... and bigger.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: Wait a second: this doesn't look right! Next to this blinking light... what's this Algalon signal?
- Archivum System says: Initiating query. The Algalon Failsafe is an automated emergency signal following a Prime Designate's demise.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: Prime Desigate? Where have I 'eard that before? By my grandfather's beard, Loken is Azeroth's Prime Designate. Loken's death triggered this!
- Archivum System says: Affirmative. Timestamp of Prime Designate Loken's destruction coincides with signal activation.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: Well? Who's on the listening side of the signal? What's going to happen?
- Archivum System says: Searching... Destruction of Prime Designate is considered the first warning sign of systemic planetary failure. Algalon observer entity's arrival is followed by planetary diagnostics resulting in one of two possible reply signals. Reply-code Alpha, signaling "All is well" and Reply-code Omega, signaling planetary re-origination.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: Planetary re-origination? Speak plainly, ye blasted machine!
- Archivum System says: The decomposition of the planet and its living organisms into base elements: metals, rocks, gases. This is followed by a period of reconstitution of each element into the original planetary blueprint.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: Hear that, lads? It's only the end of the world! Well, what are ye waiting for, ye rusty machine? Initiate Reply-code Alpha. All is well! Pints are on me!
- Archivum System says: Request denied. Reply-codes built into Algalon observer entity. He is both messenger and message.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: Well, what's this Algalon going to be looking for with his diagnostics? What are our chances?
- Archivum System says: Algalon diagnostics assess danger of systemic Old God corruption in planetary vital functions. Calculating chance of Omega Reply-code...
- Archivum System says: Ninety-nine point nine nine percent.
- Archivum System says: That's repeating, of course.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: Blast it, lads. Looks like we've got a fight ahead of us.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Added.