- Despite using their main hand weapon for this attack, warriors do not lose their weapon by using Heroic Throw. The weapon is shown simultaneously hurtling through the air, and remaining in the warrior's hand, and remains fully available for melee attacks and special abilities.
- The attack's animation shows your weapon flying through the air, spinning end over end, regardless of the aerodynamic properties of the weapon (or lack thereof).
Tips and tactics
- When tanking, this ability can prove useful for making ranged pulls.
- Heroic Throw is one of the warrior's only ranged attacks, available even when rooted. This makes it particularly useful in PvP against ranged classes such as hunters and mages.
- Heroic Throw can be used regularly when soloing. By using it during the initial , the throw will complete while in transit, dealing bonus damage to the target without wasting a global cooldown.
- Heroic Throw is very useful for finishing fleeing opponents, especially if abilities such as Charge are on cooldown.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now a high-threat ability, generating 300% extra threat, has a 6-second cooldown (down from 30 seconds), but now has a 8 yard minimum range.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now causes 50% of weapon damage. Cooldown reduced from 1 min to 30 sec. No longer causes extra threat.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Heroic Throw is now available from trainers at level 20 (was at level 78).
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Missile speed increased.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): No longer gains increased damage from the warrior's agility.