We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
- "We must bring calm to the troubled elemental spirits of this land. Ma-no icta, my brethren."
Heroism is a level 50 Alliance shaman ability that increases haste by 30% for all party and raid members for 40 seconds. Heroism is available only to Alliance shamans; Horde shamans instead learn . The two spells are identical in every way except for the name, making it one of the bloodlust effects.
See the article on bloodlust effects for notes and tactics on all such abilities.
All targets affected by Heroism receive a 10 minute debuff called Exhaustion, preventing them from being affected by another bloodlust effect for the duration of the debuff.
- It is a common misconception that preceded Heroism in World of Warcraft, possibly because shamans were only available to the Horde up until the the first expansion. In fact, both World of Warcraft abilities were not added until The Burning Crusade expansion, which added them simultaneously. However, Bloodlust did appear in the strategy games, Warcraft II and Warcraft III, that preceded World of Warcraft.
- Bloodlust and Heroism are some of the only faction-specific class abilities in the game.
- The Draenor navy battleship Heroism is named after this ability.
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Level requirement reduced to 50 from 65.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): , Heroism, and can no longer be cast while in Arenas.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Cooldown reduced to 5 minutes, but Exhausted now last 10 minutes.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Training cost increased to match the cost of .
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Added.