Hex Lord Malacrass
- For the original version of the encounter, see Hex Lord Malacrass (removed).
|Race||Forest troll (Humanoid)|
Hex Lord Malacrass is a boss of the level 85 version of Zul'Aman. He is the fifth boss of the instance and is located inside the temple on the east end.
Rumored to be the most feared witch doctor of the Amani tribe in decades, Hex Lord Malacrass has done the unthinkable and sealed the essences of several mighty troll animal gods in their strongest champions ... keeping the darkest one for himself.
Attacks & abilities
Servants of Malacrass
Hex Lord Malacrass is accompanied by two of four possible servants.
- Alyson Antille — A blood elf Holy priest.
- Slither — A serpent.
- Gazakroth — An imp.
- Darkheart — A wraith.
Hex Lord Malacrass
- Spirit Bolts — Malacrass channels a powerful barrage of spirit bolts, inflicting 3000 Shadow damage to nearby players every 0.5 second.
- Drain Power — Malacrass drains the power out of all nearby players, increasing his damage done by 5%. This effect stacks.
- Siphon Soul — Malacrass draws the soul of a random player, granting him the powers of their class for 30 sec.
- Death Knight
- Plague Strike — Malacrass executes a vicious strike that inflicts 100% weapon damage plus 500 and infects the target with Blood Plague, a disease dealing Shadow damage over time.
- Death and Decay — Malacrass inflicts 15000 Shadow damage every 2 sec to all players in the affected 0 yard radius area for 10 sec.
- Blood Worms — Malacrass infects a random target with Blood Worms, causing worms to emerge from the infected player's location. These worms move towards Malacrass and heal him for 3% of his maximum health when they reach him.
- Blood Worm — These worms move towards Malacrass and heal him for 3% of his maximum health when they reach him.
- Typhoon — Malacrass summons a violent Typhoon that inflicts 23125 to 26875 Nature damage when in contact with enemies and knocks them back.
- Moonfire — Malacrass burns a random enemy for 13875 to 16125 Arcane damage and inflicts 9000 additional damage every 3 seconds for 12 sec.
- Lifebloom — Malacrass casts Lifebloom, healing himself for 4713 to 5287 every second and then 10% of his maximum life after 7 sec.
- Explosive Trap — Malacrass places a fire trap that explodes when an enemy approaches, causing 21875 to 28125 Fire damage and burning all enemies within 0 yards for 40000 additional Fire damage over 10 sec.
- Freezing Trap — Malacrass places a frost trap that freezes and stuns all enemies within 7 yards for 10 sec. The trap triggers when an enemy approaches.
- Snake Trap — Malacrass places a trap that releases several venomous Amani Snakes when an enemy approaches.
- Amani Snake — Some Amani Snakes possess poison.
- Frost Nova — Malacrass inflicts 11310 to 12690 Frost damage to all enemies, immobilizing them and increasing their Frost damage taken by 50% for up to 5 sec.
- Frostbolt — Malacrass inflicts 11310 to 12690 Frost damage to a random enemy and reduces their movement speed by 50% for 4 sec.
- Ice Lance — Malacrass inflicts 17500 to 22500 (+ 14.3% of Spell power) Frost damage on a random enemy.
- Avenging Wrath — Malacrass increases all damage he inflicts by 50% for 10 sec.
- Consecration — Malacrass consecrates the land beneath him, inflicting 15000 Holy damage every 2 seconds to enemies who enter the 0 yard area.
- Holy Light — Malacrass calls upon Holy magic to heal himself or an ally for 20% of the target's maximum health.
- Flash Heal — Malacrass calls upon Holy magic to heal himself or an ally for 20% of their maximum health.
- Psychic Scream — Malacrass lets out a psychic scream, causing nearby enemies within 40 yards to flee for 4 sec.
- Leap of Faith — Malacrass pulls the spirit of a random friendly target to him, instantly moving them to his side.
- Shadow Word: Pain — Malacrass utters a word of darkness at a random enemy, inflicting 12000 Shadow damage every 2 seconds for 18 sec.
- Smoke Bomb — Malacrass hurls a 0 yard radius smoke bomb onto the ground, immediately inflicting 23125 to 26875 damage and reducing the chance to hit by 75% for players who stand in it. The smoke cloud lasts 10 sec.
- Wound Poison — Malacrass poisons his current target, inflicting 7540 to 8460 Nature damage and reducing all healing dealt to them by 5% for 15 sec. This effect stacks up to 5 times.
- Slice and Dice — This maneuver increases Malacrass' attack speed by 50% for 40 sec.
- Chain Lightning — Malacrass strikes an enemy with a lightning bolt, inflicting 18500 to 21500 Nature damage then arcing to other nearby enemies. The spell affects up to 3 targets, and each successive target takes 50% less damage.
- Fire Nova Totem — Malacrass summons a Fire Nova Totem. Unless it is destroyed within 5 seconds, the totem inflicts 47125 to 52875 Fire damage to enemies within 0 yards.
- Healing Wave — Malacrass calls upon Nature magic to heal himself or an ally for 20% of their maximum health.
- Bane of Doom — Malacrass curses a random target with impending doom, inflicting 46250 to 53750 (+ 200% of Spell power) Shadow damage after 30 sec.
- Unstable Affliction — Malacrass' Shadow energy slowly destroys a random player, inflicting 30000 Shadow damage over 10 sec. If a player dispels Unstable Affliction, it inflicts 4625 to 5375 Shadow damage to the dispeller and silences them for 4 sec.
- Rain of Fire — Malacrass calls down a molten rain on the location of a random player, burning all enemies in a 0 yard radius area for 13875 to 16125 Fire damage every 2 seconds for 10 sec.
- Mortal Strike — Malacrass inflicts 150% of his normal melee attack on his current target and leaves them wounded, reducing the effectiveness of any healing dealt to the target by 50% for 5 sec.
- Spell Reflection — Malacrass reflects the next 2 spells cast upon him for 5 sec.
- Heroic Leap — Malacrass leaps through the air at a random player and slams down on all enemies within 5 yards of the target, inflicting 125% of a normal melee attack and stunning them for 2 sec.
- Rising Sun Kick — Malacrass kicks upwards, dealing 150% of his normal melee attack as damage, and increasing damage taken by his target by 25% for 15 sec.
- Hex Sphere — Malacrass forms a sphere of dark energy on the ground near him that last for 30 sec, dealing 41625 to 48375 Shadow damage to enemies that touch it.
- Renewing Mist — Malacrass channels healing energy into himself, healing him for 46250 to 53750 every 3 sec for 15 sec.
Hex Lord Malacrass spawns with two random adds. Your party should kill any adds it cannot reliably crowd-control for the duration of the encounter. Malacrass will alternate between channeling his Spirit Bolts ability, dealing a moderate amount of damage to the entire group, and casting Siphon Soul every 30 seconds.
It is important to be aware of classes that grant Malacrass a healing ability (Death Knights are the most commonly overlooked) as the fight can become increasingly difficult to heal if allowed to drag on too long. While Malacrass does not gain a stacking damage buff like in the original the AOE damage of his abilities can become very taxing on healer mana.
- Da shadow gonna fall on you...
- Death of an add
- Dat no bodda me.
- It not gonna make no difference.
- You gonna die worse dan him.
- Casts Spirit Bolts
- Your soul gonna bleed!
- Soul Siphon
- Your will belong ta me now!
- Killing a player
- Dis a nightmare ya don' wake up from!
- Azzaga choogo zinn!
- Dis not... da end of me...
- As the C'Thrax Kith'ix is buried under Zul'Aman and was once thought to be a loa, Kith'ix may be the source of the darker essence that Malacrass bound within himself.
- While using Siphon Soul on a priest, Hex Lord Malacrass will sometimes attempt to cast on a dead target, including the trash mobs players kill before his encounter.
In the Hearthstone expansion Rastakhan's Rumble, Malacrass serves as the champion of Jan'alai's Dragonhawks, a fire-obsessed team of troll mages, and appears as a legendary mage card. His flavor text reads: "Extremely awkward cousin of Hex Lord Malaclass."
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Added.