|Race||Bound fire elemental (Elemental)|
|Location||Deathwing, Dragon Soul|
- Main article: Spine of Deathwing
Hideous Amalgamations are level 88 mobs that are spawned by killing the Corruption during the Spine of Deathwing encounter in the Dragon Soul. These unstable creatures are a patchwork of Elementium Armor fragments and pieces of the former Dragon's body held together by his molten blood.
- Absorb Blood — The Amalgamation absorbs nearby Corrupted Blood residue. The Amalgamation grows more unstable with each Residue absorbed, increasing its damage by 10% and attack speed by 10%. At 9 stacks it becomes superheated.
- Superheated Nucleus — The core of the Amalgamation becomes critically unstable, causing it to inflict 15000[note 1] Fire damage to all enemies every 3 sec. If players destroy the Amalgamation in this state, then it will trigger a Nuclear Blast.
- Nuclear Blast — The superheated nucleus of the Amalgamation triggers a massive explosion, inflicting 375000[note 2] Fire damage to targets within 10 yds. This powerful blast pries up one of Deathwing's Elementium plates if it is within range.
- Degradation — Destroyed Amalgamations degrade the maximum health of all enemy targets by 6%. This effect occurs regardless of the state of the nucleus and stacks up to 15 times.
- Blood Corruption: Death — Deathwing's corruption courses through your veins. This corruption takes hold if it is not removed quickly, infecting the player with the Blood of Deathwing. When dispelled this effect jumps to a new target and can mutate into Blood Corruption: Earth.
- Blood Corruption: Earth — A shadow of Neltharion courses through your veins. This corruption takes hold if it is not removed quickly, infecting the player with the Blood of Neltharion. When dispelled this effect jumps to a new target and can mutate into Blood Corruption: Death.
They need to absorb 9 Corrupted Bloods into order to explode and release an armor plate from Deathwing.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2011-12-06): "Corruption, Hideous Amalgamation, and Burning Tendons are now level 88, up from 87, and have had their health slightly increased."
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Added.