High General Rakeesh
|Race||Man'ari eredar (Demon)|
|Affiliation(s)||Burning Legion, Rakeeshi|
|Former affiliation(s)||Eredar of Argus|
|Relative(s)||(father), Nuuri (mother)|
- "In my master's house smolder the burning husks of a thousand worlds.
- I am here now to prepare a place for you amidst the ruin of tomorrow."
High General Rakeesh is a high-ranking eredar commander in the demonic Burning Legion and overlord of the Rakeeshi. Rakeesh was originally the son of Prophet Velen, but was kidnapped by the demon lord in a revenge scheme ages ago and broken by the  to serve the Legion.
With the commencement of the Legion's third invasion of Azeroth, Rakeesh was tasked by Kil'jaeden with launching an assault on The Exodar, the home of the exiled draenei people and Velen, with the goal of destroying the naaru to prevent it unlocking .
Prophet Velen's son was captured by the Burning Legion eons ago by . When Velen was leading his people away from Argus, he asked to bring his family. Unfortunately for Velen, Talgath instead went to Kil'jaeden. Under the monstrous mental and physical torture of the , his mind broke and the draenei who would become known as Rakeesh began serving the Legion as a man'ari. Rakeesh took the rank of High General and worked to further the Legion's cause, unbeknownst to , who likely thought him deceased.
During the Burning Legion's third invasion of Azeroth, Rakeesh was ordered by Kil'jaeden himself to launch an assault on the home of the draenei people, leading to the Battle for the Exodar. The goal of the attack was the destruction of the naaru who dwelled within the core of the The Exodar, for he was the last descendant of and as such the only being left capable of deciphering , which represented a major threat to the Legion's plans.
Caught by surprise, the draenei of the Exodar were quickly overwhelmed by Rakeesh and his Rakeeshi forces, who seized much of the city early on. Rakeesh himself made his way to the Seat of the Naaru and began directing the demons' efforts to wipe out any remaining resistance. Before long, however, Prophet Velen arrived with the order champions in tow. With their aid, and that of the Light's Chosen, the draenei began to retake the city from the Rakeeshi, closing the Legion's portals and rescuing lost draenei. Upon finding out about Light's Heart, Velen moved to 's aid, who was being held and beaten by Rakeesh.
As Velen arrived, Rakeesh killed the naaru by summoning in a , crushing the holy being upon arrival. A battle ensued between Rakeesh, Velen, and the Prophet's allies, until Velen realized who the man'ari really was. Frantic, Velen attempted to stop his allies from harming Rakeesh—who he now recognised as his son—but it was too late. Rakeesh died in his father's arms, much to the Prophet's sorrow.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
- Main article: Quest:Bringer of the Light#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Nobundo's Last Stand#Notes
Notes & trivia
- Rakeesh means "butcher" in Eredun.
- Rakeesh's quote, "In my master's house smolder the burning husks of a thousand worlds. I am here now to prepare a place for you amidst the ruin of tomorrow." is a twisted form of John 14:2, "My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?" — New International Version.
- The bed Velen is found kneeling before in is implied to be Rakeesh's from when he was young. It has a stuffed doll resting upon it and when approached Velen states "Forgive me, my son."
- Although states that Rakeesh was taken by Kil'jaeden thirteen thousand years ago, stating that Velen lost him on Argus would put Rakeesh's capture at twenty five thousand years ago.
- Rakeesh is also the name of a paladin in the Quest for Glory series, who was injured in a battle against a demon wizard.
- Rakeeshi demons can be found on the Broken Shore.
- During the final confrontation with Kil'jaeden, the demon lord sarcastically asked Velen if Rakeesh hated the father who had abandoned him.
- At Mac'Aree on Argus, Talgath taunted Velen for leaving his wife and child behind.
- Rakeesh is voiced by Patrick Seitz.
- He most certainly gained the name Rakeesh after his fall to the Legion given that Velen, his father, did not recognize nor know about him. He also almost certainly would not have named his son "butcher".
- The echo of him as a child in the world quest Quest:Bully Pulpit is named Echo of Rakeesh, but this may just be to make sure players know who he is since there is otherwise nothing differentiating him from other draenei children.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.