As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
High Inquisitor Whitemane (tactics)
- For information on how to defeat Whitemane in her original appearance, see High Inquisitor Whitemane (Classic). For her lore, see Sally Whitemane.
|Level||34 - 92 Elite|
|Mana||5,035 - 51,560|
|Location||Crusader's Chapel, Scarlet Monastery|
- Main article: Sally Whitemane
At a young age, Sally Whitemane witnessed her family succumb to the horrific plague of undeath as they were traveling through northern Lordaeron. She was then forced to destroy her parents and siblings when they rose as mindless Scourge minions, leaving her racked by guilt and rage. Ever since that day, the fearsome priestess has found fulfillment and pleasure in only one thing: the destruction of undead.
Spells and abilities
Phase 1: Durand alone
The new military commander of the Scarlet Crusade attacks the players with a series of lightning quick strikes.
- Flash of Steel — Commander Durand rapidly shifts around the battlefield, attacking random players and inflicting 190 to 210[note 1] Physical damage every time he strikes.
- Dashing Strike — Commander Durand quickly dashes through his enemies to a location, inflicting 190 to 210[note 2] Physical damage to every enemy in his path.
Phase 2: Whitemane alone
The High Inquisitor of the Scarlet Crusade comes to the aid of Commander Durand when he falls.
- Power Word: Shield 40 yd range — Wraps an ally in a shield that lasts up to 30 sec., absorbing X[note 3] damage. While the shield holds, spells will not be interrupted by damage. Instant.
- Holy Smite 40 yd range — Smites an enemy, inflicting 277 to 322[note 4] Holy damage. 2.5 sec cast
- Mass Resurrection — High Inquisitor Whitemane resurrects all fallen Scarlet within 100 yards to come to her aid. 10 sec cast.
- Deep Sleep — Puts nearby enemies to sleep for up to 10 sec. Any damage caused will awaken them. Instant. Followed by...
Phase 3: both
At 50% health, Whitemane puts the entire party to sleep and resurrects Durand. The players now fight both at full health. They use the same abilities as before. Whitemane also gets a new ability:
- Heal — High Inquisitor Whitemane Heals a friendly target, restoring 186 to 217[note 5] health. She start to use it after Durand has been resurrected. 2 sec cast.
The Durand and Whitemane encounter plays out much like the original version of the encounter with Mograine and Whitemane. However, it is not necessary to clear the room before engaging the boss, as the trash is not linked with Durand. However, players should kill the zealot resurrecting fallen scarlets off in the east wing, to Durand's right.
Durand is first and is straightforward by himself. Try to spread out so that Dashing Strike does not hit the entire party. On his death, Whitemane will run out from her room in the back and should be focused on the tank. She has exactly as much health as Durand does. Dispel the Power Word: Shield casts. Any class with an interrupt must interrupt her Mass Resurrection spell. 100 yards extends outside the cathedral, so any mobs killed inside the cathedral proper will join the fight at full health! 100 yards also includes the big pile of scarlets in the east wing, to the right of Durand and Whitemane's, and this will very quickly cause a wipe.
When she drops below 50% health, she will put all enemies to sleep and resurrect Durand. Durand will then heal Whitemane and himself back to full health. Whitemane will continue to cast Mass Resurrection, so keep interrupting her! All told, to complete the encounter, the party will have to deal roughly four times Durand's total health to Durand and Whitemane.
|Strength two-handed sword|
|Spirit plate helm|
|Caster cloth helm|
|Spirit leather shoulders|
|Tank plate belt|
|Spirit cloth leggings|
|Agility leather boots|
|Caster DPS ring|
|Strength DPS necklace|
- Commander Durand yells: To think you've come so far, only to perish here. I'll honor you with clean deaths.
- Commander Durand yells: My legend begins NOW!
- Whitemane enters
- High Inquisitor Whitemane yells: You shall pay for this treachery!
- High Inquisitor Whitemane yells: Arise, my champion!
- Commander Durand yells: At your side, milady!
- Killing a player
- Commander Durand yells: My blade is peerless!
- Commander Durand yells: Perfect technique!
- High Inquisitor Whitemane yells: The light has spoken!
- Commander Durand yells: But... my legend!
- High Inquisitor Whitemane yells: Mograine...
- Whitemane is voiced by Grey DeLisle.