High Priest Venoxis
- For information on the boss encounter introduced with Patch 4.1, see High Priest Venoxis (tactics). For information on the old boss encounter, see High Priest Venoxis (original).
|Race||Jungle troll (Humanoid)|
|Status||Deceased (Lore), Killable (WoW)|
Against the Soulflayer
In order to quell Hakkar the Soulflayer, the trolls of the land banded together and sent a contingent of High Priests into the ancient city of Zul'Gurub. Each priest was a powerful champion of the Primal Gods, but despite their best efforts they fell under the sway of Hakkar and were forced to channel power into the blood god. Ultimately, Venoxis and the other priests and priestesses were freed, through being slain when adventurers entered the city and killed Hakkar.
Several years later, the shade of Jin'do the Hexxer recovered the body of High Priest Venoxis and enlisted the aid of Zanzil the Outcast to resurrect him in as a corrupted slave of Hakkar. Though agents of the Zandalar Tribe attempted to stop the ritual, their efforts failed and Venoxis was successfully restored to life as Hakkar's slave.
After the Zandalari pledge to aid Gurubashi reach their former greatness the Gurubashi begin attacking Stranglethorn and Venoxis personally sends serpents to attack the towns of Bambala, Fort Livingston, Nesingwary's Expedition, Grom'gol Base Camp and the Rebel Camp in the Northern Stranglethorn.
Venoxis also resumes his role as a boss in the revamped Zul'Gurub, where he was slain by adventurers for a second and seemingly final time.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|High Priest Venoxis (original)||??||210,000|
|Northern Stranglethorn||32 - 37||267|
|High Priest Venoxis (tactics)||87||670,950|
- Main article: High Priest Venoxis (original)#Quotes
- Main article: Spirits Are With Us#Notes
- Main article: High Priest Venoxis (tactics)#Quotes
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Now a boss encounter in the updated version of Zul'Gurub.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Zul'Gurub removed. Now part of a quest in the Cape of Stranglethorn.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22): Added in Zul'Gurub