- Not to be confused with Marli Two-Toes or Marli Wishrunner.
- For Mar'li's original appearance in Zul'Gurub, see High Priestess Mar'li (original). For Throne of Thunder, see Council of Elders.
Mar'li is the High Priestess of the spider loa, Shadra.
In order to quell Hakkar the Soulflayer, the trolls of the land banded together and sent a contingent of High Priests into the ancient city of Zul'Gurub. Each priest was a powerful champion of the Primal Gods, but despite their best efforts they fell under the sway of Hakkar. Now the champions and their Primal God aspects feed the awesome power of the Soulflayer. Any adventurers brave enough to venture into the foreboding ruins must overcome the High Priests if they are to have any hope of confronting the mighty blood god. Mar'li was slain, but was thankful to be free of Hakkar's influence.
Mists of Pandaria
- Main article: Council of Elders
Mar'li has come back to serve the Zandalari. She is the Gurubashi representative in the Council of Elders in the Throne of Thunder.
|High Priestess Mar'li (original)
|Council of Elders
- Mar'li is currently the only troll female to possess a unique model, despite her relatively minor role.
- Mar'li's new outfit and looks have almost nothing in common with her Zul'Gurub model. However, her belt buckle resembles a spider mask, being a homage to the spider motif of the original encounter, and probably an icon of Shadra.
This article or section includes speculation, observations or opinions possibly supported by lore or by Blizzard officials. It should not be taken as representing official lore.
It's possible that, like fellow priests Venoxis and Jeklik, she was resurrected by Jin'do and Zanzil, or that she didn't die at all.
Mar'li in her spider form