|Level||62 / 110 Elite|
|Affiliation(s)||Twilight's Hammer, Prince Thunderaan|
|Location||Ravaged Twilight Camp, Silithus|
In the RPG
Apparently not all the Twilight's Hammer followers are the skilled warlocks they purport to be. A warlock called Highlord Demitrian got a bit greedy raising the crystals of Silithus from beneath the sands. It seems he tried to enslave a powerful air elemental called Thunderaan, but got caught himself. Now he and his men serve the wind elemental, searching the area for a talisman.
Demitrian was recruited at an early age by the Twilight's Hammer, who found him a willing and able student of the shaman's art - a rare feature in a human. He grew quickly in rank and power, earning the rank of highlord at an unusually young age. Unfortunately, his brashness led to overconfidence. While serving at a post in the Crystal Vale in Silithus, he learned secret ways to soothe and control the enraged air elementals there. Convinced he could bend any elemental to his will, he dared assault an enormous wind elemental called Thunderaan. Instead of taking control of the elemental, Demitrian fell under its sway. Soon after, the forces of air demolished the Twilight's Hammer outpost, but Demitrian was allowed to live as Thunderaan's servant. Now he searches for the remaining essences of his master, torn from him by Ragnaros in ages past.
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
When talked to, he tells you how about The Old Gods and the Ordering of Azeroth from the point of view of the Old Gods, and how Prince Thunderaan was consumed by Ragnaros. He seems to combine the Old Gods and the Elemental Lords.
- Look to this ravaged field and know the power that the elements hold, <race>.
- I know much, listen and be educated, <race>.
- In the time before time, what the usurpers would later call the First Age of Creation, my master and his siblings ruled over this world. It was they, the Old Gods who created all.
- And it was they who would ultimately be cast down by those that would call themselves Shapers.
- Their manifest forms weak from eons of battle, imprisoned beneath the world - the world that they themselves created - the corruption of the Titan Shapers would permeate through the surface and befoul the Old Gods.
- It was then and there that the brothers did turn. For five millennia a battle was fought at the core of this world.
- It was during the Elemental Sundering that the Firelord, Ragnaros, would seek to consume my Lord, Thunderaan, Prince of Air.
- <Demitrian bows his head, his face contorted in rage.>
- Speak his name and I will decorate this ravaged camp with your entrails. Be silent and listen.
- It was the Lieutenants of Ragnaros, Geddon and Garr, who would perpetrate the betrayal against my Lord. Thunderaan was caught unaware.
- The Firelord's advances were wholly unknown to Thunderaan. before my Lord could react, Sulfuras, legendary hammer of Ragnaros, would strike an unmerciful blow. Thunderaan fell, utterly defeated.
- The Firelord feasted upon the essence of my Lord, but was unable to consume him entirely.
- What little remained of Thunderaan's essence was stored within a talisman of elemental binding. Ragnaros then shattered the talisman in two flawless pieces. The pieces assigned to his Lieutenants...
- <Demitrian falls to his knees.>
- You have recovered my Master's eternal prison!
- Oh long have I waited for this day and finally, it is realized.
- He must be released!
- I hold the vessel of his rebirth. Should you be prepared to take on this task, you will be required to fortify the vessel and ultimately, break the hold of Ragnaros himself!
- The vessel of rebirth must be fortified with elementium. I know of only one source of the mineral: the elemental planes, at the core of our world.
- There is one, an Earthshaper, who may know more than I about the acquisition of such things. You must find this Earthshaper!
- The corporeal form of Ragnaros must be destroyed. From the remnants, his essence shall emerge. In this weakened state, Ragnaros' grip on the prison of Thunderaan is loosed. The essence itself acting as a key...
Look to this ravaged field and know the power that the elements hold, <race>.
Realm of Fury
Years later after Thunderaan's death, Demitrian commented on what he learned of Skywall and that the Elemental Plane was kept separate from Azeroth to keep it safe from their denizens. Considering he cowered beneath the power of just one of these beings for years, he felt that all of them accessing the world through the Cataclysm would shatter it.
- The Titans separated our world from the elemental prison for a reason: those walls were never meant to be breached.
"Oh, no small one." he said, "that place was built to cage the northern wind, to keep the tempest in chains. A fleshing like you would be torn apart just standing at the threshold."
And now the gates have been flung wide open. Vast kingdoms of fire, sea, and stone - realms equal in savagery to the Skywall-pour their primordial hate into our fragile land. Long did I tremble under the first of just one denizen of the Elemental Plane. Azeroth will shatter beneath them all.
Considering he serves the Windlord, he may really be a shaman, something already said in the non-canon Warcraft RPG.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Added.