Highmountain tauren (playable)
- This article is about the playable race. For the Highmountain tauren lore, see Highmountain tauren. For the in-game faction, see Highmountain Tribe.
The Highmountain tauren are one of the playable Horde allied races in World of Warcraft, introduced at the end of Legion. Consisting of four tribes - Highmountain, Rivermane, Skyhorn, and Bloodtotem - they are native to the Broken Isles as opposed to their Kalimdor kin. Upon the Burning Legion's third invasion, the tribes of Highmountain fought bravely alongside the Alliance and Horde, but ultimately pledged allegience to the latter in reconnecting with the tribes of Thunder Bluff.
Highmountain tauren start out within their capital city of Thunder Totem. Under the instruction of their High Chieftain Mayla Highmountain, they report to their faction's embassy (much like all other allied races). Unlike the kodo that Kalimdor tauren ride, those native to Highmountain prefer the moose. What they do have in common, however, is a native language in Taur-ahe. Orcish is their secondary language.
- Main article: Highmountain tauren#History
Descended from Huln, brave hero of the War of the Ancients, the Highmountain tauren honor the spirits of earth, river, and sky. Though the Legion invaded their lands and sowed seeds of distrust between them, the tribes of Highmountain stand united once more. At long last they are ready to venture beyond their sacred mountain and stand beside their kin from Kalimdor, lending their nobility and strength to the mighty Horde.
Creation screen description
The tauren of Highmountain are devoted to the spirits of earth, river, and sky. After ages spent protecting their sacred mountain, they are now ready to venture out into the world beyond the Broken Isles.
Mayla Highmountain: Highmountain stands. These words speak of more than earth and stone. They tell the history of our people, enduring hardship and conflict to unite against common foes. The time has come for you to venture beyond our sacred peaks. Walk the path that Huln took so very long ago, and bring honor to the name... Highmountain.
In order to unlock the ability to play as Highmountain tauren, players will need to have completed the achievement and have a level 50 Horde character. These requirements are account-wide in that players do not have to earn all requirements on the same character or even a Horde character to unlock.
Once these requirements are met, players must then complete the following recruitment questline:
- Main articles: Jokes#Highmountain tauren male, Jokes#Highmountain tauren female
- Main articles: Flirt#Highmountain tauren male, Flirt#Highmountain tauren female
Notes and trivia
- In the patch 7.3.5 PTR, the race's description was as such: "Descended from Huln, brave hero of the War of the Ancients, the Highmountain tauren honor the spirits of earth, river, and sky. Though the Legion invaded their lands and sowed seeds of distrust between them, the tribes of Highmountain stand united once more. At long last they are ready to venture beyond their sacred mountain and stand beside their kin from Kalimdor, lending their nobility and strength to the mighty Horde."
- Playable Highmountain Tauren start out at Friendly with the Highmountain Tribe.
- Highmountain tauren are the second race to have a proper sound effect when using the
/mooemote, with their mainland cousins being the first. However, their
Highmountain tauren shaman totem.
Highmountain tauren druid ground .
Highmountain tauren druid air .
- Patch 8.3.0 (2020-01-14): Highmountain tauren now have access to the death knight class.
- Patch 7.3.5 (2018-01-16): Added.