Highmountain tribe (Legends)
- This article is about Trag Highmountain's former tribe. For the dominant Highmountain tauren tribe on the Broken Isles, see Highmountain Tribe.
War of the Ancients
- Main article: Highmountain Tribe
A tauren hero by the name Huln Highmountain acted as the spokesperson for the tauren tribes during the War of the Ancients after having united the warring tribes of his homeland, but it is unclear if Huln's Highmountain Tribe is the same as this Highmountain tribe.
Betrayal of their undead tribesman
Trag returned with his tribe, but the shaman, Sulamm betrayed him and ordered Ornamm to kill Trag whilst he slept with a spell. Trag was burning when he awakened but managed to defeat the Tauren party led by Ornamm. However, he didn't kill anyone but proceded to confront the shaman. Even though his own rage and the Lich King's whispers ordered Trag to kill Sulamm he couldn't, leaving him in trance because of his own spell. Trag left his tribe because of what they tried to do and because he could put them in danger.
- Trag Highmountain - Served the Baron Valimar Mordis until his betrayal. Later he became an undead and left his tribe as they tried to kill him and because he could be a danger to them.
- Gorn Highmountain - Father of Trag. Nothing else is known or if he is alive.
- Sulamm - Renowned shaman of the tribe.
- Ornamm - Leader of the party led to kill Trag Highmountain. Possibly the leader of the tribe.
- Melgromm Highmountain - He helped the Horde and the Alliance to drive the demons back to Outland. He later fought in the Stair of Destiny when they managed to cross the Dark Portal.
- Jerrik Highmountain - A tauren located in the Northern Barrens.
- Elder High Mountain - Possible member as his name isn't exactly the same as the others.
Notes & trivia
- There is an action figure with the name Brave Highmountain. For the time being he is not any known character in the lore.
Where exactly Trag found the tribe is unclear, but an ancient burial land of the tauren and the Henge of the Earth Mother were nearby. As it is said that after the betrayal, Trag trekked into the mountains of Durotar and the area was depicted with mountains and forests, the tribe could be located in Mulgore, the Barrens or Feralas.