|This article is a lore stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
- For the Warcraft III unit, see Hippogryph Rider (Warcraft III).
Hippogryph riders are night elf female archers and scouts mounted on hippogryphs as a part of the Sentinel Army. The brave creatures respond to the female riders as if they shared an empathic bond. Most notably, they participated in the War of the Ancients, the Third War, the Ashenvale war, and the Destruction of Theramore. In recent years, other races became hippogryph riders in the ranks of the Argent Crusade during the war against the Lich King and the Silver Hand during the Burning Legion's third invasion.
Riders do not control so much as work in concert with the hippogryphs as they are allies, not pets. Riders' companions judge where and when they would need to rest; experienced riders never assumed that they knew better than the hippogryphs themselves. According to Handler Tessina, properly trained squadron of hippogryph riders can take on nearly any opposing force.
- General Startalon
- Shandris Feathermoon
- Aradria Cloudflyer
- Jean Pierre Poulain
- Argent Flight Commander Vahdat
- Darnassus Hippogryph Rider
- Feathermoon Hippogryph Rider
- Talrendis Skychaser
- Reanimated Archer
- Argent Watchman
- Argent Peacekeeper
- Argent Commander
- As the Moon Guard have a long tradition of training hippogryphs for battle, their members may have trained as hippogryph riders.
- Hippogryph Masters may also be hippogryph riders.
- High elves of the Silver Covenant who ride hippogryphs may likely be considered hippogryph riders. As such, Arelas Brightstar and Vereesa Windrunner may be ones.