- For the tablet, see Hir'eek (object).
Loa of Night|
Lord of the Midnight Sky
Killable (in-game) |
|Relative(s)||Spawnlings and spawns|
Hir'eek (pronounced high-REEK), the Lord of the Midnight Sky, is a bat loa. He is represented on Azeroth through a champion of his choosing, a position once held by the deceased High Priestess Jeklik.
Hir'eek would eventually be corrupted by G'huun and the blood trolls, and subsequently slain by an adventurer with the aid of Jo'chunga and his poison. His death was mourned by the Zandalari. As a Wild God, his spirit presumably returned to the Emerald Dream.
Hir'eek's corpse could later be seen by Alliance adventurers looking to escape the blood trolls.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Image of Hir'eek||121||4,323,000|
|Sanctum of Midnight||120||432,300|
|110 - 120||136,651|
|110 - 120||128,776|
|110 - 120||194,506|
Tales of the Loa
Hir'eek guards de weak,
He can find de things you seek.
He be blind, and so kind.
He brings clarity of mind.
His screech dat you hear,
Can dispel your every fear.
Softest wings glide through de night.
Taste and sound bring different sight.
When ya lost and all alone,
In de darkness where you roam,
His voice will guide ya home.
In the Hearthstone expansion Rastakhan's Rumble, Hir'eek serves as the patron of Hir'eek's Bats, a team of sinister troll warlocks, and personally appears as a legendary warlock card. His flavor text reads: "REPEL’S EFFECT WORE OFF."
- In Battle for Azeroth, Hir'eek's model uses the same skeleton and animations as the felbat model.
- During the Battle for Azeroth BlizzCon 2017 demo, Hir'eek was referred to with both male and female pronouns, varying between different quests. This was just a mistake, as he is now exclusively referred to as male in the live version of the game.
- Following his death Hir'eek can be skinned.
- It is possible that Hir'eek is the reason Darkspear troll druids can transform into bats.
- Hir'eek may have a connection to gargoyles, since during , the Totem of Hir'eek turns the player into one. Jeklik, Hir'eek's former high priestess, also turned into a gargoyle during her fight in Zul'Gurub. Alternatively, this may be because the gargoyle was the closest model to a bat available at that time.
Battle for Azeroth concept art by Kelvin Tan.
Hir'eek at BlizzCon 2017.
A totem most likely dedicated to the bat loa on the Echo Isles.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.