|It is requested that a screenshot or screenshots be included in this article to improve its quality.|
|This article is an NPC stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|Affiliation(s)||Bilgewater Cartel, Kirin Tor|
Hobart Grapplehammer is a goblin quest giver first seen in the KTC Headquarters on Kezan experimenting with new products. When the place is destroyed by the volcano he escapes with the rest of the survivors to the Lost Isles and then is later found at the Southern Rocketway Terminus in Azshara.
Hobart is also one of the dozens of past NPC's encountered by adventurers to assist in killing the elementals at Sethria's Roost.
Hobart Grapplehammer is the genius behind many products brought to the Kajaro Trading Company. Such as Kaja'Cola, the Poultryizer, Town-In-A-Box, Lab-In-A-Box, the Ingenious Cap of Mook Foolery, KTC Train-a-Tron Deluxe, the Amazing G-Ray, Never-Deflating Pool Ponies, The Big Ones, Warrior-Matic NX-01, and gilgoblins. However, he's been advised to not claim the gilgoblins by his counsel, due to a negligence case brought up over them.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
This section concerns content related to Cataclysm.
- The Lost Isles
This section concerns content related to Legion.
- Good to see you, <name>!
- I just wanted to make sure that you appreciate all of the products that my genius has brought to the Kajaro Trading Company?
- These include, but are not limited to: Kaja'Cola, the Poultryizer, Town-In-A-Box, my Ingenious Cap of Mook Foolery, KTC Train-a-Tron Deluxe, the Amazing G-Ray, Never-Deflating Pool Ponies, the Big Ones, Warrior-Matic NX-01, and gilgoblins. No strike that last one. Under advice of counsel, I had nothing to do with them.
- Anyway, I'm working on a few more things here that I think you'll find interesting, such as the Micro Mechachicken and a little something I like to call Subject Nine.
- Kezan, experimenting on the Micro Mechachicken event
- Hobart Grapplehammer yells: Prepare the Micro Mechachicken!
- Assistant Greely says: You don't have to yell, Hobart, I'm standing right here. Sheesh!
- Assistant Greely says: There. One Micro Mechachicken. I'll never understand how you come up with these names.
- Hobart Grapplehammer says: There's a great deal that you do not understand, my dear Greely. That is why you are the assistant and I... I am Hobart Grapplehammer!
- Greely sighs and rolls her eyes.
- Assistant Greely says: Yes, Doctor Grapplehammer.
- Hobart Grapplehammer says: Excellent. Now back away from the Ultra Concave Fissionable Testing Platform. Slowly, if you please.
- The assistant shakes her head.
- Hobart Grapplehammer says: Thank you. Now behold as I stabilize the highly unstable miniaturization process.
- Hobart Grapplehammer says: I am going to end the horrible problem of food storage cutting into the profits of the Bilgewater Cartel!
- Hobart Grapplehammer says: I'll soon be revered as the greatest goblin tinker of all times! Besides, that negligence case involving the creation of the gilgoblins will never stick.
- Hobart Grapplehammer says: Flip the switch!
- Greely coughs.
- Assistant Greely says: Um, Hobart, you're at the controls.
- Hobart Grapplehammer says: Quite right, Greely. You passed today's pop quiz.
- Hobart Grapplehammer says: I am now flipping the switch!
- Hobart Grapplehammer says: Greely, can you feel it? My moment of success is at hand!
- Hobart Grapplehammer says: Grocery store owners everywhere will owe me a percentage of their profits!
- Hobart Grapplehammer says: I'm flipping the second switch!
- The micro mechachicken begins to grow and Greely starts sneaking away from the machine.
- Hobart Grapplehammer says: Wait... something's wrong!
- Assistant Greely says: Ya think? Hobart, the Micro Mechachicken is destabilizing. It's expanding!
- Hobart Grapplehammer yells: I know... I know! Where's the override? The override?!
- Assistant Greely yells: It's the one on the far right! Hurry, Hobart! It's going to eggsplode!
- Hobart Grapplehammer yells: Here goes nothing, I always loved you, Greely!
- Assistant Greely yells: WHAT?!!!
- Hobart Grapplehammer yells: Flipping the override switch now!
- The micro mechachicken quickly shrinks back to normal.
- Hobart Grapplehammer says: Are we still alive?
- Assistant Greely says: We're still alive, Doctor Grapplehammer, despite your best efforts.
- Hobart Grapplehammer says: Well of course we are, my dear Greely. And look there. The Micro Mechachicken's stabilization appears to be a complete success!
- The micro mechachicken flies off into the air and explodes.
- Assistant Greely says: Is that egg on your face?
- Hobart's jaw hits the ground.
- Assistant Greely says: Now what's this about you 'always loved me', Grapplehammer?
- Hobart Grapplehammer says: I haven't the foggiest notion what you're talking about, Miss Greely.
- Assistant Greely says: We can both agree on that, doctor.
- Kezan, while the volcano is erupting
- <name>?! What are you still doing here?
- You have to get off of the island, or better yet, into one of my Town-In-A-Boxes!
- Don't wait too long, my <boy/girl>! The Cataclysm is upon us!
These exhanges happen in random order.
- Hobart Grapplehammer yells: The sky is falling!
- Assistant Greely says: Technically speaking, that's not true, doctor. The rocks that fly out of a volcano like Mount Kajaro are called ejecta. It's not the sky. It's molten rock, or tephra. It cools as it decends, becoming lava bombs. Very appropriate, wouldn't you say?
- Hobart Grapplehammer yells: Deathwing?! The Cataclysm?! We're doomed!! We have to get off of Kezan before Mount Kajaro blows for good!!!
- Assistant Greely says: You're going to blow if you don't calm down! Don't you think it was a little bit convenient? The dragon flying over right as the winning field goal for the footbomb finals was kicked into Mount Kajaro?
- Hobart Grapplehammer yells: A party? Can you believe it? A party and the whole island is about to explode?! What are they thinking!!!!
- Assistant Greely says: Yeah, a real party that I was actually invited to. Why does something always happen and I never get to go? I could use a drink.
- Hobart Grapplehammer yells: We have to get off the island! Quick, Greely, grab the schematics! And my toothbrush!
- Assistant Greely says: I'm on it, doctor. Schematics, check. Toothbrush, check.
- Hobart Grapplehammer yells: Whatever you do, don't let me forget my Ingenious Cap of Mook Foolery!
- Assistant Greely says: Hmm, I know I saw it around here somewhere, but are you sure? That thing turns the user into a brute instead of projecting an image of one about fifty percent of the time. And then they explode!
- Hobart Grapplehammer yells: There's just not enough time to pack all of this stuff up! Grab only the important stuff! Where'd I put my Blastproof Underwater G-Ray Goggles?!
- Assistant Greely says: Um, Hobart, you've wearing them.
- Hobart Grapplehammer yells: Get everything packed! We have to find a way off of Kezan! We'll jump into the closest Town-In-A-Box! They'll load it on the Trade Prince's yacht.
- Assistant Greely says: I will, I will. But, Hobart, you have to calm down. Your blood pressure! You're turning deep green!
- Hobart Grapplehammer yells: How are we going to get Subject Nine through customs? I know! Pack her into the Lab-In-A-Box!
- Assistant Greely says: Right away. I'll flag the Lab-In-A-Box for deployment in Azhara. I'll pack her little cushion in with her, too. She's so cute.
- After completing
- Hobart Grapplehammer yells: Greely, load The Biggest Egg Ever into the Poultryizer. Mechnuggets for everyone!
- Assistant Greely yells: Genius idea, sir. Your brain power never ceases to amaze me!
- Assistant Greely yells: This thing is huge! Reverse the polarity on the Poultryizer. We'll have to shove it in throught the outtake.
- Assistant Greely yells: There it goes. It should only be a moment now....
- The Poultryizer explodes.
- Hobart Grapplehammer yells: Shut it down, shut it down! The eggs are bad!!!
- My genius cannot be contained within a box!
- Wait, this isn't Azshara?! What is this place? That's a dormant volcano!
- I have half a mind to join the Trade Prince! The other half of my mind is considering the possible weaponization of the clucker eggs!
- <name>! Come here. I have a ... "special project" requiring your assistance.
This section concerns content related to Legion.
- I notice you're not wearing any earrings. Could I interest you in a pair of bolt-action carbine hoops? They're not very rusty!
- This Oshenko fella' is always using "screwdrivers" on his screws. Hasn't he ever heard of a hammer?
- I haven't exploded anybody yet today. It's a good day!
- Hmm... you didn't see any nuclear bombs on your way in, did you? No? Alright, I'll keep looking.
- Let me browse your goods.
- Argus appears
- Hey, hey. Come right in! Take a load off for a second, then get back out there and make sure we're still gonna be here tomorrow.
- I don't know what he was goin' on about, but it didn't sound good. And he ain't even the first to do that this week!
- Hey you! Ah, nevermind. We thought you were one of... you know... them.
Battle for Azeroth
This section concerns content related to Battle for Azeroth.
- The Banshee's Wail
Anything worth having is worth fitting inside of a box.
Except people, of course! Can't put <name> in a box, right?
<Hobart gets lost in thought for a moment.>
Anyway, I'm just making a few adjustments here. I'll get this suit back up and running in no time... with a few explosive improvements!
- He was planned to appear in Warlords of Draenor.
- Hobart apppears as a legendary card for the Warrior class in the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan for Hearthstone. His flavor text reads: "Grapplehammer is the horrible mind behind the Automatic Piranaha Launcher (banned in 7 districts)!"
- In Hearthstone lore, Hobart has apparently joined up with the Grimy Goons to serve as a weapon inventor and supplier.
- Hobart's Hearthstone art does not resemble his World of Warcraft model at all, with mutton chops, a different hair color and style, different colored goggles, no nose ring, and different clothes.
- In Battle for Azeroth beta, Gazlowe was a champion, but he was replaced with Hobart in a later build.