We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Holy Fire is a level 10 Holy priest ability. It is an instant Holy-based priest hybrid-damage spell, which causes direct damage and additional damage over time. About 39% of the damage is caused by the DD, and the other 61% by the DoT. Holy Fire is generally the Holy priest's fastest and most mana efficient direct damage spell.
- The spell's Direct Damage and DoT components are calculated separately, and are not in fixed proportion.
- Holy Fire is a rare Priest spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "Often followed by Holy Smokes!"
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Damage increased by 25%.
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25):
- Damage increased to 200% of spell power (was 150%).
- Now learned at level 10 (was 12).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer available to Discipline priests.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now lasts 9 seconds (up from 7 seconds).
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Now an instant cast ability. Holy Fire is now replaced by if chosen.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26):
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Cast time reduced to 2 seconds, down from 3.5. Damage increased roughly 60%. Duration for the damage over time effect reduced to 7 seconds, down from 10. Holy Fire now has a 10 second cooldown.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): The rank 9 tooltip has been corrected to indicate it does Holy damage.
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): Now available to all priests, starting at level 20.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05):
- Should now be affected by the talent.
- Several changes were made to Holy Fire in an effort to make this a more usable and efficient damage spell. The cast time was reduced from five seconds to four seconds, which reduces the damage caused. Therefore, the damage was increased and more of the spell's potency was shifted into the damage-over-time portion. The duration was also increased and mana cost and cooldown were both decreased. While the direct damage portion was reduced slightly from the previous version, each tick of damage should be unchanged, and the spell now delivers one additional tick of damage. In total, the relative damage and efficiency of the spell has been increased.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Fixed a bug with the bonus damage gained from +fire damage items. Such items now have a greater effect on this spell.