Holy Nova is a level 65 Holy priest PBAoE spell which damages enemies and has a chance to reset the cooldown of if it hits any target. It is intended as the Holy priest's efficient area of effect damage spell.
- The spell's damage is subject to diminishing returns if hitting more than 5 targets.
Tips and tactics
- While its damage is low, it is enough to instantly kill certain low-health targets.
- While its damage is minimal, Holy Nova is one of the Holy priest's only instant damage spells. In certain situations this spell can be useful in finishing an opponent that is very close to death.
- Holy Nova can also be useful when dealing with stealthed opponents, as an instant, movable AoE that can bring damaged targets out of stealth.
- Holy Nova is the Holy priest's only spammable instant damage ability.
- Holy Nova is a basic Priest spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "If the Holy Light forsakes you, good luck casting this spell. Also, you're probably a jerk."
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Damage of Holy Nova increased by 14%.
- Hotfix (2016-09-23): "Holy Nova damage reduced by 16%."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now available to Holy instead of Discipline. Damage increased by 420% but no longer heals. Now has a 20% chance to reset the cooldown of when it deals damage.
- Hotfix (2014-11-05): "Healing has been decreased by 15%."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): No longer available through a Major Glyph, and is instead a Discipline specialization spell. Its mana cost has been lowered and its healing increased. It is intended as the efficient area-of-effect (AoE) healing spell for Discipline priests.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now learned by the glyph .
- Hotfix (2011-01-18): Priests who were unable to learn Holy Nova will now be able to train the spell.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Mana cost reduced to 15% of base mana. Glyph of Holy Nova reworked.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Mana cost reduced approximately 20%.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Mana cost reduced. This spell was changed to no longer be obtained via a Holy talent. It has since been learned from a trainer, while its place in the Holy tree has been taken by with the removal of priest racial spells.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Now gain additional benefit from spell damage and healing bonuses.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Rank 2 will no longer receive double the intended increase in range from Holy Reach.
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): Self cooldown on this spell removed. Mana cost increased.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Cooldown decreased.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Now causes an explosion of holy light around the caster, causing Holy damage to all enemy targets within 10 yards and healing all party members within 10 yards. These effects now cause no threat as opposed to reducing threat temporarily.