Tips and tactics
- Holy Shock is the second cheapest healing spell available to the Holy Paladin, and is significantly stronger and faster than . With only a 9 second cooldown, it should be used often for both power and efficiency.
- grant you specific benefits following a successful critical cast of Holy Shock.
- In Warcraft III, the Paladin hero's Holy Light spell healed friendly living units and damaged enemy undead units. Considering this, some may view Holy Shock as a variation of WC3's Holy Light.
- Holy Shock is one of Uther's passive Talents in Heroes of the Storm, allowing him to use Holy Light to damage enemies.
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Now damages for 280% of spell power (was 350%).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Cooldown increased from 6 seconds to 9 seconds. Damage increased by 66.7%, healing increased by 185.7%.
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Mana cost has increased by 50%.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now has twice the normal chance to critically strike (instead of having an additional 25% chance to critically strike).
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Mana cost has been reduced by 50%.
- Patch 5.0.5 (2012-09-11): Holy Shock's base damage has been reduced, and its spellpower coefficient has been increased.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Range against hostile targets increased from 20 to 40 yards. Has an additional 25% chance crit.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Mana cost has been decreased to 7% of base mana, down from 8%.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Cooldown reduced to 6 seconds.
- Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25): The healing, damage, and mana cost of this spell have all been increased.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Cooldown reduced to 15 seconds, down from 30 seconds.
- Patch 1.10.2 (2006-05-02): Bug fix: Now guaranteed to crit when used offensively while Divine Favor is active.
- Patch 1.9.0 (2006-01-03): This spell can now heals friendly targets. Mana cost reduced. Increased the coefficient gained from spell damage and healing.