Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Holy Word: Chastise
|Holy Word: Chastise|
Tips and tactics
The disorientation effect of Holy Word: Chastise can be invaluable for priests in PvP, and the spell's damage, though not considerable, can be useful as an extra nuke. However it should be noted that the disorientation effect will break immediately upon any damage taken by the target, meaning that this effect is best used for crowd control or to allow time for healing, escape or the use of an ability with a long cast time. However even in hectic battleground encounters, it can still be used to interrupt a caster at a critical moment.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Damage increased by 25%.
- Hotfix (2016-09-08): "(PvP) Holy Word: Chastise will no longer remove periodic damaging effects from targets in PvE situations."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Damage increased by 633%. Duration increased from 3 seconds to 5.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now shares Diminishing Returns with all other Mesmerize effects.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Holy Word: Sanctuary healing done has been increased by 35%. In addition, it has a new spell effect.
- Hotfix (2011-03-16): "Casting Holy Word: Chastise against bosses will cause damage, but no longer disorient them when they are immune to such effects."
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Now has a 30-second cooldown, up from 25. In addition, it properly breaks from damage.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Holy Word: Sanctuary: now has a diminished effect when healing more than 6 players at once.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): has been redesigned and made available to all Holy priests.